Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 6/12/08
“Living is having ups and downs and sharing them with friends.”
(Trey Parker and Matt Stone) The creators of South Park seem to mock organized religion and secular things, too. They say that it would take too long to state their concept of God, and they still don’t understand it. Based on their quote, would you like to have them as friends? Who do you choose as your friends? ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINE, C.F.: I choose you. AND DON'T FORGET: Today is my birthday.

FROM M.L. IN IL: what would we do without friends, our congregation of life?

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: to me, the most important thing is their Christ outlook. How about you?

FROM L.P. IN MI: Wow, I find it interesting to have a quote from these 2 in WW. I think it's a nice statement though. I don't usually admit this but I enjoy South Park. It is crass and over the top in many respects, but every episode ends with a moral or ethical revelation by one of the characters. Ironically their mocking is often thought provoking. I don't know if we'd do well as 'friends' but I'm guessing Trey Parker and Matt Stone are interesting guys to know.

FROM MOLINER, EFP: I never have considered anyone's personal religious beliefs or lack of them when choosing friends. I don't like South Park's animation style, however...

FROM B.G. IN MI: This morning, our men’s group met, as we do the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. Today was an experience of living, as the guys talked about their ups and downs in a safe environment. I thank God for this group and the support it is providing these men, in the midst of some challenging, anxiety-filled, 4 bucks-a-gallon days.

FROM J.L. IN MI: How would we ever get by without the love and devotion of our friends? God's greatest blessings! My best friend is my husband...and I know not many feel that way anymore. But he is my greatest fan and I am his...through all of the smooth paths and the rocky ones!

FROM JACK: Keep smilin'Keep shinin'Knowin' you can always count on me for surethat's what friends are forIn good timesAnd bad timesI'll be on your side forever moreThat's what friends are for

FROM CJL IN OH: Have you read "Team of Rivals"? It is the story of Lincoln's Cabinet.
It summarizes my attitude towards those who disagree with me!

FROM JACK...I SAW THIS TODAY: Nothing is as dangerous as an ignorant friend; a wise enemy is to be prefered.Jean De La Fontaine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friends seem to be anyone who will be with me. If Trey Parker and Matt Stone would like to be with me I expect I would be thankful and maybe have some more insight as to what are the strengths and weaknesses of organized religion.
Sharon