Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 4/2/08
“We all know that a smile is a frown turned upside down. Don’t make us stand on our head to see you smile.”
(EMT Sings) Eunice, one of my WWs correspondents, sent this to me recently, and I didn’t have to stand on my head to show my appreciation. Give someone a smile today and see if they respond with a grin. ;-) Jack


FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Amen! After all, "Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved!"

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: In my childhood, all the people around the town would go to town Saturday nights to do their shopping. Walking up and down the streets, I discovered a little game--smile up at all the adults and see if they would smile back at me. Invariably they did. It was all my own idea.

FROM PR J.S. IN MICHIGAN: My Dad who was very tight always told me..."A smile, a handshake, a hello don't cost a dime. Give them away."

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: You might also like to kow that it takes fewer muscles to smile than frown. Smile and save energy.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: fyi-it takes many more muscles to frown than to smile-physiological fact. when one is aging, one really pays attention to energy dispensed! if i stood on my head, i would be frowning. i still can stand on my head, by the way. perhaps it is from not dispensing the energy on frowns. who knows?

FROM G.G. IN INDY: standing on your head is actually really good for you. FROM JACK: Your sister does it; can you?

FROM L.P. IN MICHIGAN: Verity (our daughter) is at the age where she likes to look at the world upside down. Chris and I wondered (worried): Does a smile look like a frown from upside down? But we just can't force a frown around her.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Smile awhile, la da da dee de do, la la la, la da da de de do, wow what a song.
FROM JACK: Till We Meet Again
There's a song in the land of the lily, Each sweetheart has heard with a sigh. Over high garden walls this sweet echo falls As a soldier boy whispers goodbye:
Smile the while you kiss me sad adieu When the clouds roll by I'll come to you. Then the skies will seem more blue, Down in Lover's Lane, my dearie.
Wedding bells will ring so merrily Ev'ry tear will be a memory. So wait and pray each night for me Till we meet again.
Tho' goodbye means the birth of a tear drop, Hello means the birth of a smile. And the smile will erase the tear blighting trace, When we meet in the after awhile.
Smile the while you kiss me sad adieu When the clouds roll by I'll come to you Then the skies will seem more blue Down in Lover's Lane, my dearie,
Wedding bells will ring so merrily Ev'ry tear will be a memory So wait and pray each night for me Till we meet again.


MORE FROM B.S.: I have a hunch that Mz Eunice, is a Swenska Flicka. I also have a hunch that if you live through a Sweedish winter you would prefer a smile to greet you, even a song. How about a friendly polka?

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Standing on your head is good for you. That's good for your circulation. From a cardiologist we both know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my childhood, all the people around the town would go to town Saturday nights to do their shopping. Walking up and down the streets, I discovered a little game--smile up at all the adults and see if they would smile back at me. Invariably they did. It was all my own idea.
Sharon