Friday, April 18, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 4/18/08
“Don’t worry about tomorrow. God is already there. (Also read Jeremiah 29:11)”
(Unknown) I came across this quote when I was recently in Minnesota. I know some people who are going through some difficult times. Perhaps you do, too. This would seem to be good advice for them. In fact, it’s good advice for all of us, isn’t it? ;-) Jack


FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: I love this quote! How wonderful to know God is there before us always! I know quite a few who are suffering either with health, family issues, money problems, etc. And I plan on sending this quote to them! It's a very uplifting thought!

FROM SDG IN TAMPA: That is definitely the way you have to live-one day at a time. Some are much harder than others. When things are calm, the best is to enjoy each day. In Moline my relatives had gathered over 20 at a brunch which was great, and then we visited two who were in the hospital with pneumonia and one who was at home and who was unable to attend because she had had her leg amputated. But it was great to see everyone. I count my blessings every day.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Who worries about tomorrow? At our age, we need to worry about today. But then God's here too.

FROM KZB IN COLORADO: This is a great one. I have started my Stephen Ministry to an elderly woman, and this will be a great thing to share with her. :)

FROM D.M. IN MICHIGAN: Thanks for consistently helping me to see light! Very recently my husband lost his mother and one of his closest friends. I'll share your quote. It is most inspiring. JACK'S RESPONSE: When my mother was dying in a nursing home (a two-week stay), one of the workers came into the room and opened the window. My sister asked why he was doing this. He replied that in his country, it was the custom to do this in order to let the spirit of the dying person escape and unite with the Spirit of God.


No comments: