Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 1/30/08
“These are my principles, and if you don’t like them…well, I have others.”
(Groucho Marx) I thought that this quote was appropriate for us as we listen to the campaign rhetoric. Personally, I’d rather listen to Groucho. That doesn’t mean that I’m not concerned about issues. I have principles. ;-) Jack

This one's pretty good. Check it out.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: I think Groucho may have written this in an election year. http://youtube.com/watch?v=PdlE9EciaJk This is a link for my 60 second commercial for LeVotetra. As the status quo surges in both parties, perhaps only Big Pharma can save this election.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: at least groucho was funny and his actions benign! YIKES!

MORE FROM M.L.: i always liked the rubber chicken. life was simple then!

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Groucho Marx was a fountain of wit, and Jack, there's enough evidence on WW that you are too.

FROM REV J.S. IN MICHIGAN: That's like the teacher who had lots of interest but no principle!

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Isn't this the truth? So many, if not all of the candidates have chnaged their minds several times....it's almost funny, if it weren't so very important. We are definitely involved in the process as we have very strong principles also. Too bad Groucho isn't around to vote for!

JACK'S RESPONSE: I don't know that I'd vote for him. Perhaps for Harpo.

J.L'S RESPONSE: Yes, you are right...Harpo would be better...who could go wrong with just honking a horn at important questions??!!??

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: "The secret word is RIGHT ON."

FROM MOLINER, J.T.: I, to am concerned. Advised last week that my Grandson is headed back ti Iraq for his 3rd deployment. This has got to stop. Whom do we listen to?

FROM THE Bs IN BAMA: Loved this one! I, too, would rather listen to Groucho. Before we left for Alabama we went through all the primary hoopla in Michigan. Now we have just gone through all the hoopla for the Florida primary (our newspaper and some TV stations come from Pensacola).

FROM D.S. IN SAN DIEGO: Jack, I agree....Groucho sounds just like the politicians. It reminds me of the old joke, a GOOD accountant, when asked what 1+1 is, will tell you 2. A REALLY REALLY good accountant will tell you "what do you want it to be?"

No comments: