Friday, January 25, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 1/25/08
“I guess it’s why you never say never. The only thing you never can do is ski through a revolving door.”
(Lou Nanne) “Sweet Lou from the Soo” was a star in the National Hockey League. His work ethic set him apart from the average player. You become better in sports or at your job by not giving up. His quote shows that he has a picturesque sense of humor, too. ;-) Jack


FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: Don'tcha love it --- picturesque indeed!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: If you were very small (and the revolving door was very large) and your timing was synchronized with the door, you could ski through a revolving door. One fourth of the way is always clear, it is timing.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Here's another old story from my high school days.....I was in art class, one of my favorites, and I couldn't get this one figure painted right. I tried and tried. I went up to my teacher and one other student, Davie Quandt, was standing at the teacher's desk. I said, "Mr. Deuweke, I can never get this right." David said, "Never say never. Nothing is impossible." Mr. Deuweke said, "If that's true, let's see you have a baby." That ended the discussion!

FROM J.D. IN MINNESOTA: LOU IS ON AS A COMMENTATOR AT KFAN RADIO AND HAS JUST AUTHORED A BOOK ON THE MN NORTH STARS WHICH HAS SOLD VERY WELL. HE FINALLY WENT TO WEARING A HELMUT AFTER HIS THIRD CONCUSSION.

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: A good sense of humor goes a long way.

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: You can't straddle a tree either.

FROM A.S. IN MICHIGAN: At Ford Credit we had a guy try to drive thru a revolving door;he did'nt make it thru either;only his Gin bottle made it!

FROM H.S. IN ILLINOIS: Rikka, I remember what you said to your Dad when he said "never." How do you like this quotation?

FROM D.L. IN OREGON: One of the best you have sent!! Sweet Lou's metaphor is graphic. Thanks for continuing inspiration.

No comments: