Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 1/2/08
“Nothing changes if nothing changes.”
(Unknown) The new year is before us with opportunities for change. Some people make resolutions. Successful people make resolutions and carry them out. I wonder what changes 2008 has in store. ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Send that to Obama. If Clinton becomes the Democrats nominee, then nothing changes.

FROM REV J.S. IN MICHIGAN: I'm excited about the new year. I think it has a lot to offer. The election could bring us someone with a vision for our country. The little church of which I am a member has a chance to turn things around. The synod is making strides. The Panthers have already shown that the Maroons are no problem for them. And Jack Freed continues to bring us his winning words. What more could we want?

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Why is everyone so focused on change? And so unwilling to do anything about it? Even at that, MUST we always push for change? There's a lot to be content about. Think about that for a change.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: well-one change wwill be my added title of mother-in-law. beth and her evan will be married this year! wow!

FROM T.S. IN MICHIGAN: I hope that you and your family have a greight oh eight.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Change...there's that scary wonderful word again. I hope to change everything this year...it's not my "resolution", as I resolute never to make a resolution and am able therefore to succeed each year. But, change is good sometimes...okay, most times. So, I am going to change something each day, if even just my routine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about the New Year too. You are continuing to bring us the Winning Words, Pastor Freed, but I constantly see they are new ones you have discovered. So no change but change at the same time. I have made a New Year's resolution to continue attending every single Bible study I find and also the prayer meetings but am looking forward to new blood that may show up in our church and humbly expecting to be surprised at the growth in understanding and learning what Jesus is doing among us. So not changing my tactics but inevitable change nevertheless. Thank you, Pastor Freed, for your continuing consistency in helping us to think.
Sharon