Monday, January 14, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 1/14/08
“Lord, prop me up on our leanin’ side, so we will stand straight and tall again.”
(Unknown) Someone sent this to me last week. An old deacon had a weathered barn that was leaning and about to topple over. He propped it up with some poles on its leaning side to keep it standing. Sometimes the storms of life can cause us almost to collapse. That’s when we need the deacon’s prayer: “Lord, prop us up.” ;-) Jack


FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Today's quotation indicates that the origin is "Unknown" but I believe it may be attributed to the Archbishop of Pisa.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Sometimes those storms come on like a freight train and sometimes like the down of a thistle, but they can still knock you down. Thank the good merciful Lord for pickin' us up and dustin' us off and proppin' us up!!! Happy Monday!

MORE FROM J.L.: I loved RI comments...it took me a second to realize it was a pun and then I laughed.....too funny

FROM L&M IN MICHIGAN: I really like this one!

FROM L.P. IN ILLINOIS: Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a downer but a short while ago I read in the newspaper that somewhere in Iran where they convicted some thieves, for punishment they cut off the thieves right hands and left feet so they couldn't even use crutches. It's a horrifying thing to think of. Somehow, that evil and brutality must be overcome. In this midst of all this going on in the world, "Lord, prop us up."
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I have a young tree that has grown crooked due to a perpetual northeast wind. The only thing to keep it straight is a rope that gives it strength against the wind.

We all have different props that can give us strength.

Have you ever studied the lyrics from the Bob Seger song "Against the Wind"?