Friday, January 11, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 1/11/08
“Why do some people always see beautiful skies and grass and lovely flowers and incredible human beings, while others are hard-pressed to find anything or any place that is beautiful?”
(Leo Buscaglia) I celebrate the fact that I have many friends who are incredible human beings. And I look forward to the springtime, because the flowers will bloom and the grass will turn green again. That’s what I see. What does this world look like to you? ;-) Jack


FROM K.B. IN MICHIGAN: Did you ever notice that sometimes even the sunniest of people see grey skies?

RESPONSE FROM JACK: I'm looking outside, and the reality of the time is a grey sky...but then my optimism kicks in!
The world might seem dark and cold
Without a heart and soul
All the helpless, young and old
Silently gather and pray
That someday a light will shine
To take the pain away, and...
The sun will shine again
...my friend
A life that has no meaning
Is a life that's hard to live
Still we keep on dreaming
Of a world where we can sing
Songs of truth and wisdom
For the chosen ones to hear, and...
The sun will shine again
...someday
Towards the morning horizon
Hand in hand we walk
To begin another season
Of happiness and joy
All of those who followed
Will finally know


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OHIO: Hanson World Forecast: Unlimited opportunity mixed with intermittent difficulties, brief showers of optimism, growing wisdom and serenity as the seasons progress.

MORE FROM JON: I think optimism is empty without action. I know a lot of optimistic people that are doing nothing but being optimistic.

FROM M.U. IN MICHIGAN: My heather has purple blooms right now!

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: Sunshine.

FROM C.A. IN VEGAS: Have you read the book, The Secret? It talks about how you attract things into you life based upon what you "put out" into the world. If you put out a positive vibe then that is what will come back to you. The reverse is also true. It also talks about how if you visual positive things in your life they will come to you. I'm not sure I believe all of what the book says, but my mother always told me that if you are nice to others, they will be nice to you. That philosophy has seemed to work though out my life.

FROM M.L.: Good morning, Thankyou for the winning words. How are you today? We have lots of rain, but it's warm.

FROM S.A. IN VEGAS: My wife bought a small flowering plant on Wednesday because flowering plants make her feel better. She’s an incredible human being. I look forward to Spring cleaning and fresh paint on the patio furniture. Maybe I should try painting some flowers on the outdoor planter boxes this year.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: I never mind winter as I know spring's just around the corner. One of the reasons I love living in Michigan is the fact we are able to celebrate each season. Each season is a wonderful new pallet...just ready for God's paint. Even the gray days turn sunny. That's so we can appreciate the sunny ones more! The same with our incredible human race! We deal with the grumpy ones and turn to deal with the cheerful ones. They are all blessings of Grace!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: like a rainbow. just call me mary bailey, for i'm the richest woman in town.

FROM J.O. IN MICHIGAN: Each day I look for things of beauty that God has created. Sometimes, it the bright sun on a cloudless day; other times, it's just watching the rain or snow fall. Sometimes, it is a kind gesture such as the one you extended last Tuesday which I appreciate very much. Another thing of beauty that I experience is the friendships that I have with people like you. It's amazing what a "hello" or a comment or a joke can do to get things on track.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I went out walking up to our church about 5:00 p.m. and it was so good to see it so light outside, the days are getting longer again and bring a springiness and energy to my steps.