Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 7/31/07
“I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the underdog, I still prepare a victory speech.”
(H. Jackson Brown) Brown is the author of Life’s Little Instruction Book. I suppose the words fit, not only in sports, but in other circumstances, as well. Can you think of some of them? ;-) Jack


"High expectations are the key to everything."
--Sam Walton,

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: A meditation from Henri Nouwen came this morning also and I am just reflecting on if we are all underdogs at the moment before our deaths and still in love we prepare a victory speech. Guess our friends and relatives get to deliver it on earth at our funerals and memorial services. While we're on the other side victorious.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Boy, I'm optimistic, but H. Jackson Brown has me beat! Many times I go into something knowing I will never win, but I give it the old try anyway. That's the fun of it don't you think? My dad watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night. I was very quick on the answers but got them wrong sometimes (well okay, a lot of times). It was still fun to laugh at the silly answers!

FROM G.G. IN INDIANA: Yes, I can. How about a job interview? Wish me luck, I've got one tomorrow !

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS (G.G.'S SISTER): this is way beyond my realm...i live by the motto, "life is not a competition".

Be content with your lot; one cannot be first in everything. Aesop

No comments: