Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 4/3/07
“Goodness is the only investment that never fails.”
(Thoreau) I had a brother-in-law- who would have liked to live Thoreau’s life-style. Instead, he chose to live Thoreau’s philosophy. He saw the rewards for goodness as spiritual, rather than material. I always admired him for that. Are there such people that you admire? ;-) Jack


FROM B.S. IN FLORIDA: Yes, I am amazed by these people. They care truely gifts of the Good Lord. They are living GOOD. I wonder what it would be like to be like them, I mean really like them. I rememb er how I was crfapped on when in the military. People, so called buddies, took severe advantage of me. Some became very close, but some took advantage of me. I guess that is called growing up. I never explained to my parents what it was liked to have been taken advantage of like that. Some times it was like I never learned, especially when people would come in and ask to charge again, and again even when they never payed much. Hey, it's 3:30 am, and the birds are going to start singing soon, and I haven'tdanced one step. Damnnnnn, good morning sir. it's time to hit the sack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People that see their work, their daily life as their offering to God are the most admirable to me. Whether they are Benedictine monks or Zen buddhists or Christians following Martin Luther's teachings on vocations, I always admire this stance on living each moment of each day. Thoreau's Winning Words are apt for today's materialistic culture.

Anonymous said...

You are one person who my whole family, and the church family admire. We thank you deeply for your caring support! Easter Blessings, Judy