Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 4/25/07
“Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don’t necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk.”
(Northern Exposure) I miss that TV show. Can you name the important members of the cast (there were nine), or has your mind gone to the store for some milk? Or maybe you’re too young to have seen the show. Isn’t it interesting, how the mind works? ;-) Jack


NORTHERN EXPOSURE CAST: Rob Morrow - Dr. Joel Fleischman - Janine Turner - Maggie O'Connell
John Corbett - Chris Stevens Cynthia Geary - Shelly Marie Tambo - John Cullum - Holling Gustav Vincoeur
Barry Corbin - Maurice Minnifield Darren E. Burrows - Ed Chigliak Peg Phillips - Ruth-Anne Miller Elaine Miles - Marilyn Whirlwind - Teri Polo - Michelle Capra


FROM REV. J.S. IN MICHIGAN: I'm too young to have seen the show!

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: While respecting his ability and performance, I've never really "caught on" with him.

FROM B.D. IN MICHIGAN: To young to remember that show. but I.........
Had a Great B-Day, my family took me to Kart-to-Kart last night (go Karts that go 35mph) I was the fastest, won all the races, most everyone was half my age. I feel better about be 60 !!!!!!!!!!

FROM P.O. IN DETROIT: I can see every one of the faces, but can't remember more than a couple of names. I think my mind went to the store for a quart of milk some time ago and never found its way back.

FROM M.N. IN THE TWIN CITIES: I used to have a sweater just like “Ruth Ann”. We loved that show too, but it really got weird towards the end.

FROM A MICHIGAN JUDGE: There was alot more to that show than just a "quirky"comedy. Beneath the humuor there was a lot of pathos.The only names I can remember are ----none.

FROM J.M. IN COLORADO: Northern Exposure is my favorite show of all time -- I even have 5 complete seasons (Kevin gets them for me for Christmas!)

FROM A SPARTAN IN MICHIGAN: I'm too young to remember. haha

FROM ERIN IN COLORADO: I loved Chris in the Morning. He was very cool -- and then, of course, John Corbett was equally cool (though more grown-up) on "Sex and the City." I think he played the same character with a different job on that show! When my sister, kathy, moved to alaska we stayed the night in the town where they filmed "Northern Exposure." It was called Roslyn, Wash., instead of Cicely, but they had the radio station and the restaurant and we had a drink at the Brick. Too bad John Corbett didn't wander by and join us, but it was fun anyway!

FROM EUNICE IN MICHIGAN: You don't know how many times that your thinking is like what I have been thinking. To me there is nothing that is not interesting. In fact one of my grandchildren said to me one day '"Grandma, don't say 'isn't that interesting' one more time!" Always fun to "read" you!

No comments: