Friday, February 09, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 2/9/07
“All appears to change when we change.”
(Amiel) I’m trying to recall when a change happened in my life. Probably at age 16. No, I think that we are continually changing as the circumstances of life change. And that’s what makes it all so interesting. ;-) Jack


FROM A PASTOR IN MICHIGAN: I agree with you. The challenge, it seems to me, is try to hold a community together as people change at different speeds, in different ways.
I guess you and I would call the glue the Holy Spirit. She has a big job, doesn't she? Or, is it he?


FROM DR. JOHN IN MICHIGAN: Heraclitus...Life is like a river....never stand in the same water twice

FROM G.S.: Paul says we're never done growing in Christ. (Boy, doesn't THAT sound religious!)

FROM F.M. IN BAMA: Change and decay in all about I see, O thou who changest not, abide with me~!

FROM B.S IN FL: I am certain you are correct. As our attitude, our experience, our knowledge about any subject changes, we certainly change. Now, how about understanding women??? especially one from Merrill.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change, change, what a funny word! It can mean something as little as coins in a pocket, to momentous times in one's life! I seem to be continously changing, especially when I look in the mirror. Changes don't throw me as much as they used too, I seem to put little changes into prospective more often now! Good "Winning Words"! Blessings, Judy Lenn

Anonymous said...

Now that I'm growing much older it seems to me that politics, the national situation, the world situation is becoming much more chaotic, more crazy. Is that because things "out there" are changing or is it because I'm so much more aware of mortality and am facing "reality" differently now, perhaps some past dreams of "progress" have shown themselves an illusion.