Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 5/30/18
“All things are difficult before they are easy.”  (Thomas Fuller)  I remember when I was first learning to use the computer…so timid about touching the keys.  Now, when things go wrong, I just reboot, or call my son.  It’s sort of like that when facing life’s difficult issues.  Don’t panic.  Calmly look for solutions.  Read up on it, or talk with someone who’s had a similar experience.  Or just reboot.  “God, help me.  I can’t seem to do this by myself.  Lead me!  Guide me!”    ;-  Jack

FROM BC IN ITALY:  My father shared this saying with me, but in Italian.====JACK:  I looked it up, and this is what I got:  "Tutte le cose sono difficili prima che siano facili."

FROM ED IN HV:  Thanks for this today.====JACK:  Whether readers realize it or not, I try to choose the quotes and my responses carefully and thoughtfully.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  always good words for the day, Jack.  thanks!   btw, our trip to Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland was incredible...====JACK:  A trip to Scandinavia was a dream of my spouse.  That was the easy part.  Turning the dream into reality was the difficulty.  So it with with many dreams.====PAUL:  how true those words are.  we would likely not have gone but the choir needed several more good(?) voices so we got recruited.   international travel takes a lot out of you after two weeks on the road (and now well into our 70s) but it was worth any hassles for sure.   such beautiful counties and such beautiful people!!  memories to savor for years to come.  did i tell you we also met with 6 of our relatives in Stockholm from both sides of the family?.  such delightful people...====JACK:  Singing in a choir leaves me out.

FROM LBP:  still. writing. my. grant. proposal. ugh.====JACK:  It can be like driving a car.  First, put your brain in gear; then step on the gas.  OOPS!  First , start the engine and make sure there's gas in the tank.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:One day at a time! Thank goodness for children and grandchildren! ====JACK:  Agreed...Lunch with daughter and grandson today...blueberry waffle.  Now, back to the computer.   "Alberto" is supposed to come through this afternoon and evening.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  It’s always darkest before the dawn!====JACK:  Thomas Fuller said this in 1660. 

No comments: