Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 2/17/16
“Everything is going to be alright, maybe not today, but eventually, because beautiful things happen in life when you distance yourself from all the negative things.”  (Unknown)  A hip hop-er, Blaze Olamiday, has this follow up…”Failure doesn’t exist until you give up.”  To keep moving on in the face of adversity, isn’t always easy, but Blaze has the scars to show that it can be done.  Who has scars that inspire you?  Things have a way of working out.    ;-)  Jack

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  Keep smiling, hoping, laughing, praying and never say never. Sounds simple, and it is if you pursue it with realistic vigor.====JACK:  Well, you've got the smile, the laugh and the vigor.  God knows about the hope and the never, but I tend to think that it's there.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  "alright" is not all right.====JACK:  Take it up with Blaze.  I writes what I sees.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Also distance when possible from negative people! James Baldwin, author, says "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it's faced."  We have to have hope to carry on until eventually the beautiful things can happen. Good WW to live by, today! Thanks for your constant bits of inspiration and humor!====JACK:  What usually spurs me to take some sort of action are the words..."Not to decide is to decide."  Regarding the reference to "scars"  in today's Words, I'm reminded of a Schuller admonition: "Turn your scars into stars," and something similar: "Turn your hurts into halos."

FROM DEEBEE:  These words are the most comforting that I have heard in a long time. I and several of my family members really needed this! Thank you!====JACK:  Everyone has their own set of scars which are reminders that healing does take place...given time.

FROM ST PAUL IN MESA:  i have a small scar on my left elbow.  does that count for anything?? ====JACK:  I hadn't thought about it...But when Thomas met Jesus after Easter, I wonder if the scarring had begun?  This is not meant to be a flippant "wondering."  The scars of Jesus counted for something.====ST PAUL:  what is also worth noting is that when Jesus met both Thomas and Peter there was not a word of retribution.  and there would have been none for Judas either, I don't believe.  the great sin of Judas as not his betrayal but his belief that he could not be forgiven.====JACK:  Judas has company, even among church members.

FROM TARMART REV:  "Failure doesn’t exist until you give up.” -- Not always easy to convey to those presently hurting and dealing with a seemingly insurmountable void . . . but the truth of those overcoming scars of many who have worked through the difficulty do in deed show that it can be done. A good word for us, Jack!!====JACK:  That reminds me of the prayer..."O Lord, give me patience, and give it to me now."

No comments: