Monday, January 25, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 1/25/16
“You learn something every day if you pay attention.”  (Ray LeBlond)  A study by Microsoft (Op Ed in the NYT) shows that the average attention span is 8 seconds, down from 12 in 2000.  It’s now shorter than that of a goldfish.  Perhaps that’s the reason for the flash-ads.  It’s a fast-paced world out there, like it or not.  Messages continually bombard us…a look, a word inserted in a sentence, something not said.  Today, be alert for the 8 second message.    ;-)  Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I'm glad that post wasn't any longer.....lol. Got it in 7 secs. I have read a bit on this.====JACK:  Statistics are simply a reporting of facts.  Like them or not, they report a kind of reality.  We each make our interpretation...don't we?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I was going to send a long message back to you but wait...a bird! ====JACK:  Was it a Mocking Bird?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  8 seconds!! You can hardly blink in 8 seconds....I'll have to pay more attention on being succinct and to the point!  Everyone you meet knows something you don't know, so it pays to listen and learn! I just read that a 6" snow covering a driveway weighs over 2000 lbs!  REALLY??!  Those poor New Yorkers!====JACK:  I've noticed that sermons are shorter nowadays.

FROM TARMART REV:  It took me 12 hours to sit for a spell and contemplate yours . . . my day began with a 6:30am call from a stranded person at the hospital ER needing a ride home (wasn't able to get my normal devotional posting done this morning) . . . death assistance call at noon (a brother and sister in their twenties losing their dad unexpectedly and not able to say goodbye  , , , attended a funeral at 2 , , , chaplain calls in between . . . finally able to follow-up a friend's Winning Words post at 8:15 pm.====JACK:   12 hours equals 5400 eight second intervals....I think

No comments: