Monday, June 02, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 6/214
“The Happy Book is about what makes you glad.”  (Rachel Kempster & Meg Leder)  The Happy Book is a book that you write for yourself.  One page is titled, “What makes you happy?  Maybe it’s….”  Or, “Your favorite smells, sounds, tastes…”  What are they?  Can’t you see how this can become a personal book?  It’s a good mood booster, too, and  underscores that each of us has been created by God as a special being.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  There you go again, Jack . . . stirring up an old chorus I've not thought about in a long time, "Happiness Is!" . . .  HAPPINESS IS to know the Savior, Living a life within His favor, Having a change in my behavior, Happiness is the Lord; Real joy is mine No matter if teardrops start; I’ve found the secret– It’s Jesus in my heart! Happiness is to be forgiven, Living a life that’s worth the living, Taking a trip that leads to Heaven, Happiness is the Lord!" Now I will be singing that throughout the day, remembering the old Youth for Christ times back in Wichita, Kansas in the mid-nineteen sixties.====JACK:  Or as "Peanuts" puts it, "Happiness is...Finding out you're not so dumb after all...One thing to one person and another thing to another person...A warm puppy...A sad song...Ice cream...Licking the bowl...Having a best friend...And others."

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  "Life in my view is meant to be enjoyed, it’s meant to have as much fun as you can conjure up.”  (Lewis Katz, a prominent philanthropist, speaking at Temple University's recent commencement)  Tragically, Lewis Katz and several of his friends who attended a charity fundraiser last Saturday night, died when their private jet crashed during its departure from Boston.  We should make the most of every minute of our lives because we don't know when the time runs out.====JACK:  In this connection, you might want to read (or reread) "To a Mouse" by Robert Burns...You can Google it.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I like this. I have a version of this I’ve used for 30 years known as Journaling.  I am carrying one now with tidbits and references, titles, book ideas, article and program ideas, things that need invented, great quotations, etc.   Journaling is a great habit to get into. The major ideas in my first book came from my journals going back to 1979….P.S. buy a nice wire bound journal with a good hard cover that can be folded over or at least lay flat.  Buy a good one, you don’t want to put a million dollar idea in a 10 cent notebook.  Perhaps my children or grandchildren (my daughter is getting married in Sept) will be looking through these one day.  Life is better if you make note of the happy and meaningful parts….  Nice WW today Pastor….====JACK:  The book I was referring to is an actual book with some pages left blank on purpose.  My daughter showed me a copy, and it interested me.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  It sounds like a wonderful book.  I will get one for myself and each of the kids.  I think my youngest grandson, Noah would love this book.  Kimberly home-schools and he loves the journal she has the boys work on.  She comes up with a fun or interesting topic and they write their thoughts.  The Happy Book sounds so fun. I have all of Gary's grandfather's (his mother's father) journals from when he started college to his death.  His name is Abraham Raymond Lincoln and he was a doctor.  I love to read his journal as he talked about the family and his friends and also his patients (he was a doctor).  We are very glad he left these pieces of himself behind.====JACK:  I'm sure that you will be remembered for more than your collection of outhouses...but I'm sure that there will be someone in the future who will ask, "What's an outhouse, and why would someone want to make a collection of them?"  And then someone will say, "She was a fun person.  It's too bad you didn't get to meet her."

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  HADN'T HEARD OF "THE HAPPY BOOK" BUT WANT TO GET SOME FOR MY 'GRANDS" AND GREATS.====JACK:  I'm sure that they'll be "glad" to receive that gift. 

No comments: