Monday, July 29, 2013

Jack’s Winning Words 7/29/13
“Lord, I shall be very busy this day.  I may forget thee, but do not thou forget me.”  (Sir Jacob Astley)  I read a list of 10 Reasons Not To Exercise.  “I’m too busy” was #1.  In fact, it’s probably #1 on many other lists.   Jim Croce sang, “There never seems to be enough time.”  There’s a saying that We make time for the things we want to do.  Astley’s prayer is a good one for those days when the schedule seems just too full.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  So true about the saying for making time for what we want to do. Jesus said it differently, "Seek your treasure and you shall find your heart there also". I think we are right to seek forgiveness for our upcoming distractions before we even start the day...but I get distracted even from doing this!====JACK:  The thing about GRACE, is that it doesn't make sense.  Sometimes GOD is like that, too.

 FROM TARMART REV:  Taking time to say, thank you to you for you this day!====JACK:  Do you know this song? 
Father, we thank Thee for the night,  And for the pleasant morning light;
For rest and food and loving care,  And all that makes the world so fair.
Help us to do the things we should,  To be to others kind and good;
In all we do, in work or play,  To love Thee better day by day.
 ====REV:  Grew up in a church that didn't sing enough of those good old hymns...but what you and I have in common is that we both have enough of those classic hymns treasured within the continue to bless us even today...there is nothing like carrying a song in one's heart to bless and reflect upon.====JACK:  I grew up in a church where I learned those songs.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  My life has been so good lately, it is a bit hard to forget Him…but I understand the sentiment.====JACK:  Does that mean...When things go bad, it's easy to forget Him?  I don't think that it went that way for Job.  But, to each his own.  One size does not fill all, as far as a religious experience is concerned.  I applaud you for remembering "the Source" in the good times.====JON:  Not at all, I think for many when things go bad they turn to God for an explanation, but when things are good sometimes they tend to think it comes from their own power.  It is, sometimes, hard to remember knowledge is a collaboration and the collected wisdom of the ages are ours reference.

 FROM DS IN SAN DIEGO:   Jack, you hit it on the head with this one.  I loved all Croce songs, but this one is one of the best and says it well.  As I get older I find that I think of God more often as I recall so many things for which I need forgiveness.  ====JACK:  We are the product of our life experiences.  It was also that way with Croce.  He died "too" young...but when is the right age for dying?

 FROM BLAZING OAKS:  For the most part we do make time for things we REALLY want to do. I doubt  that busy people are often bored: Read a good quote on that, "I'm bored" is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world, that you've seen none percent of !"  (Louis C.K. from Louie)  One of my granddaughters is currently using her summer break at ASU to teach 13 hours a day, in S.Korea.(same lesson, twelve times to elementary children)  and soaking up some culture from there.  What life lessons are to be had in traveling!====JACK:  Travel has certainly changed since our growing up days.  I remember driving to Chicago on 2 lane highways, being careful not to pass on curves...I remember seeing the first streamlined trains, the Rocket and the Zephyr pull into the depot...I remember the first DC 3 land at the Moline Airport..====OAKS:  I can remember my 83 yr. old grandfather marveling over a man on the moon...His first car was a  Model T Ford (They came only in Black). He was one of the first residents of his town to have a car, and he was asked not to drive it to church, as it scared the horses that other church members used for travel HA!







1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

So true about the saying for making time for what we want to do. Jesus said it differently, "Seek your treasure and you shall find your heart there also". I think we are right to seek forgiveness for our upcoming distractions before we even start the day...but I get distracted even from doing this!