Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Winning Words 11/22/11
“He who limps is still walking.” (Stanislaw Lec) Lec, a well-known Polish aphorist, has a way of putting truth into “catchy” words. Today’s quote should appeal to those who are hip and knee challenged. We may not have all we want, but let’s be grateful for what we have. That’s a good Thanksgiving thought. Lec again: “ Don’t ask God for the way to heaven. He will show you the hardest one.” ;-) Jack.

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: Amen........////FROM JACK: Amen, Amen, Amen to each of the thoughts?

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: I have something that's temporary right now, a very nice supply Pastor who preaches Biblical sermons and know she's not going to be permanent which is what I really want, but anyway I'm grateful that she's with us now, just like I am very grateful that you were once our supply Pastor and grateful that you've chosen to still "stay with us people" through this creative idea of a WW blog. Always having to separate from people, God does indeed show us the hardest way to heaven, but sometimes He helps people by softening the walk with HIM, giving us remnants of ability to still hang onto.////FROM JACK: All of life is temporary, so let's enjoy it while we can.

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH: 3 wks post surgery today and working to eliminate the limp w help of cane. 3 wks from now w/o fancy support hose.////FROM JACK: Been there. Done that. I just some pictures of a smiling little boy who is walking (and even running) without a limp on two artificial legs. The pictures carried the caption: Attitude Is Everything.

FROM HR IN MICHIGAN: I am exceedingly grateful for what we have; our oldest daughter, an architect, received notification last evening that she passed the last of her seven licensing exams. She was thrilled. Our youngest daughter is working and happy. What can be better. By the way, I always wanted to name my practice….Limp in , leap out Chiropractic. ////FROM JACK: My wife's grandfather was a shoemaker and used to make special shoes to help people who limped walk more comfortably.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: As one who limps, this quote is very true. I am grateful to be able to walk in less pain than I had before and even more grateful I am able to walk at all. (How is your knee and hand? I find my knees very sore in this weather but then, cold is always hard on knees....and shoulders and hands, and joints. But, I am so very grateful for all of them...even the aches and pains.)////FROM JACK: I'm thankful for modern medicine which has successfully treated my "ailing" hand and knee. But, I'm more thankful and amazed at how the healing process works.

FROM JB IN WISCONSIN: This one really hit home with me. I had a total hip replacement 21 yrs ago and Sept 29th of this year I had a revision of it. I am coming along very well but my goal is to walk without a limp. I still hope to accomplish that goal, but if not, as he says, I am still walking and I thank God for that as well as the many other blessings He has allowed me to enjoy all my life. God is good and life is good.////FROM JACK: Like "The Little Engine That Could," you will accomplish your goal, because you, not only think you can, you KNOW you can.

FROM JE IN MICHIGAN: Thank you for these daily inspirations.

FROM WATERFORD ANNE: I love it. I feel that way every day as I awake and check which part is stiff. In awhile most of me gets in gear.///FROM JACK: Do you ever hear the gears grinding? Gears would sometimes grind when I was learning to operate a car with a stick shift.

FROM BLAZING OAKS: As Elisabeth Elliot has said, "It is always possible to be thankful for what is given, rather than to complain about what is not given. One or the other becomes a habit for life" At this Thanksgiving Season, I hope we can all find at small blessings to savor each day. We are truly blessed!
Ole!////FROM JACK: "Ole!" says it all. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Thanks for the info about a limp. I suppose that also applies to the cane.////FROM JACK: Your response reminds me of this riddle: What walks on 4 legs in the morning 2 legs in the noon and 3 legs at night?

FROM EA IN MICHIGAN: That is exactly the attitude I am striving to achieve.////FROM JACK: I read somewhere...Thanksgiving is a time for an attitude of gratitude.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY: moving forward is so much more than hip and knee challenges. emotional limps are more powerful than the physical. aches and pains are aches and pains. head stuff is well...more complicated...not so simple. let's pray for those less physically challenged.////FROM JACK: What an interesting way to look at this quote. Lec would have liked that.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have something that's temporary right now, a very nice supply Pastor who preaches Biblical sermons and know she's not going to be permanent which is what I really want, but anyway I'm grateful that she's with us now, just like I am very grateful that you were once our supply Pastor and grateful that you've chosen to still "stay with us people" through this creative idea of a WW blog. Always having to separate from people, God does indeed show us the hardest way to heaven, but sometimes He helps people by softening the walk with HIM, giving us remnants of ability to still hang onto.
S.H. in MI