Monday, July 13, 2009

Winning Words 7/13/09
“Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit. There’s footprints on the moon.” (Brandt Paul) These words are from a song, “There’s A World Out There.” It was 40 years ago that the first moon landing took place. I remember the excitement that it generated. What is it that excites today’s generation? This week I’ll be using “moon” quotes. ;-) Jack

FROM E.P. IN ILLINOIS: My cockatiel, Buzz Aldrin, and I are going thru the morning email and we really like today's quote.

FROM HILLTOPPER JOHN: Are you "mooning" us this week? FROM JACK: I had thought about "saying" that, but I'm too much of a prude to actually do it.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: I was "mooned" once...and I wish he had been closer so I could have put a footprint on it!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Judging from my nineteen year old granddaughter, today's generation is determined to make a difference.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: You're right about that. In WW you asked what the younger generation is doing. There seems to be a behavior disconnect in each generation, such as the "streakers" and the "mooners". One evening during their teen years, my son and a couple friends came home after dark laughing hilariously. While the one friend drove the car, my son had mooned someone through the car window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe one thing that excites today's generation is "sustainability - meeting the needs of the present without compromising the needs of future generations to meet their own needs." Among many people there is an ideal that this can be achieved and it excites me that people everywhere now, this unites Third World Countries and First World Countries, seem to now be willing to work for this goal.
S.H. in MI

Anonymous said...

Jerry and I were mooned once. Some guy stuck his bare behind out of a bus window as we were driving past. Could have caused an accident except that Jerry (the car driver) is pretty unflappable about a lot of stuff.
S.H. in MI