Monday, November 03, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 11/3/08
“Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.”
(Guess Who) Without looking it up, can you guess (or do you know) who said these words? They seem appropriate for the election which is before us tomorrow. We vote to accept our responsibility. ;-) Jack


FROM D.G-H. IN NYC: My guess is, FDR.

FROM THE JUDGE: Jack Kennedy

FROM J.H. IN OH: hmmmm... Barrack said something similar at the '04 convention... "not a Republican America or a Democratic America"... so I'll say he said this. If not, sounds like JFK to me?

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: You need to know what failed in the past and why it failed if you are to make the future better. I am always willing to know my failures to make certain that I don't make the same ones twice.

FROM B.G. IN MI: well-said, Jack. I think it was George Bush.

FROM MOLINER G.S.: Good words. Thank heavens, only 1 more day!

FROM MOLINER A.E.: His last name starts with K right? "K E N N E D Y said it one day". Right?

FROM MKH IN MI: I am afraid that God is going to let us get what we deserve in this election, maybe he is tired of playing with us? I have a terrible pit in my chest about this election I pray that I am totally wrong entirely off base.

FROM L.S. IN MI: I dont know but my guess would be FDR. Just a guess.

FROM M.T. IN PA: Sounded like JFK, so I Googled and sure enough!

FROM CJL IN OH: You!

FROM P.O. IN MI: I had to guess, but I was right. Have a great day! REPLY: But what did you guess?

FROM VINCENTRIC DMF: Burton Cummings REPLY FROM DAD: My son is sooooomart. Burton Cummings OM (born December 31, 1947) is a Canadian musician and songwriter. A gifted showman, he was the lead singer for the Canadian rock band The Guess Who.

FROM C.P. IN CHGO: You're right-that is a good one!

FROM PR P.H. IN MN: it sounds like you, Jack...or maybe M L King...

FROM MOLINER LIZ: I know. I know. Barack Obama! Is there a prize?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack Kennedy

Anonymous said...

Did Abraham Lincoln say those words? Did you say those words, Pastor Freed? They are right, we have to take responsibility. Glad we vote and are not in a monarchy or something. I think being able to vote helps us to take responsibility and I give thanks for our founding fathers of this country.
Sharon