Friday, October 10, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/10/08
“In nature there are few sharp lines.”
(A.R. Ammons) I try not to draw sharp lines in my dealings with people, either. Maybe that’s why the strident tone of today’s political and religious “debates” is not appealing to me. Lucy might call me, wishy washy, but that’s all right. I have a sign on my desk which reads: “I live in my own little world, but it’s OK; they know me here.” ;-) Jack

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: So you are old "Wishy Washy Jack Freed"....well, Charlie Brown is one of my favorite guys so not all wishy washy folks are all bad.....however, my favorite has to be Snoopy...and sometimes he bites

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Re Ammons quote, my father said it this way: "Straight is the line of duty...curved is the line of beauty." By the way, thanks for sharing your "own little world" with the rest of us. REPLY: I still have the french curve that I used when I was drafting.

FROM P.O. IN MI: Amen re the 'debates' --- and your sign fits me exactly!

FROM B.M. IN MI: I have a tee shirt that says those very words! We think alike.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Wow, I can't imagine the determination that gent had. life is amazing MORE: actually if you ask a physicist, nature does have sharp lines of delieniation. ( rules of the road ), and medicine, try a blood transfussion today.

FROM CJL IN OH: You're also safe there...

FROM MOLINER J.T.: I also am not happy with the "tone".

FROM J.L. IN MI: Nature may not have any straight lines, but when she feels like it, her wrath is awesome. I wouldn't just call it a strident tone, bitter and downright hate-filled. It's shameful. However, I was reading about the Lincoln/Douglas "debates" and few things have changed. I also live in my own little world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's evident you don't draw straight lines, Pastor Freed, since you seem tolerant of my occasional ranting and raving and kindly still keep communicating with me. You are a beautiful person!!!!!
Sharon