Friday, May 30, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 5/30/08
We are now in the season of graduations, anniversaries, weddings, and the like. Here are a few sayings that I’ve seen lately. You might want to use one or more when you send greetings to family and friends. Some of the authors are unknown to me. ;-) Jack
“The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare.”
“Not all who wander are lost.”
“Education bridges the gap between your ears.”
“New voyager, sail forth to seek and find.” (Whitman)
“Be glad for this day, for it gives you a chance to love, to play,
to dance and look up at the stars.”


FROM P.O. IN MI: "Not all who wander......... is my hands down favorite! There aren't any petoskey stones in the U.P. (at least in the Keweenaw) and hardly any agates anymore. You can occasionally find a tiny piece of copper or datolite around the old mine dumps. There was virtually no 'holiday traffic', or any other kind for that matter --- it was almost eerie. I began to think that perhaps the 'rapture' had come and I'd been 'left behind'!

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: The statements you have offered us today are so illuminating. For me, all of them are new, ideas that I have not come across before. Each in itself is a jewel of insight. Your input is outstanding, so again I want to thank you.

No comments: