Friday, January 26, 2007

Jack’s Winning Words 1/26/07
“If you do what you should not, you must hear what you would not.”
(Unknown) I’ve often wondered just who are the UNKNOWN authors. But I don’t have to wonder about the meaning of many of their truisms. I’ve lived them out, and maybe you have, too. Think about the one for today and how it might be applied to certain situations. ;-) Jack


FROM GOOD DEBT JON IN OH: I used to wonder who great quotemaker Anon was. He was very prolific on the quotes website I frequented a few years ago. I assumed he was another French philosopher like Helvetius. Helvetius wrote, “Virtue has many preachers, but few martyrs.” This goes well with Anon’s “Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's very comforting to believe, to even feel confident that we know, we will always hear the Word of correction for our behaviors.

I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Experience has taught me that I'm living the truism out too.