Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 2/6/19
“When the world says, ‘Give up,’ hope whispers, ‘Try it one more time.’”   (Unknown)
The Little Engine That Could reminds me of the importance of not giving up.  A similar one is, Never, never, never give up! said by Churchill during WW 2.  Every life has some tough times.  We all, at one time or another, need some encouragement to hang in there, to keep on trying.  I know I can!  Is there a steep hill before you today? Where there’s a will, there’s a way.   ;-)  Jack

FROM ROBERT:  Phil. 4:13 keeps me going !!===JACK:  That's one of my favorites, too.  "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  Facing some tough decisions?  On a rough patch?  The Optimists have their Creed.  Christians have Philippians 4:13.

FROM SS:  Good reminder. We all need that on a bleak wintry day, thanks 😊===JACK:  Right!  "You gotta accent the positive, eliminate the negative...and don't mess with mister in-between!"  As Mr. Rogers would sing, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" ...no matter what the weather, because of God's many blessings, including our friends.

FROM LBP:  Just remember to learn something on each go-round. what's the saying... "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." It took me 5 submissions (and 3 years) to achieve a goal that I wanted to reach. I kept trying!  ...===JACK:  Insanity is also choosing to stop trying when the goal is in sight.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  That (The Little Engine...) was my favorite book to read to the children! ===JACK:  In reading to children I would sometime change the words (the Little Engine that couldn't)  "No, No!  Could, not couldn't!"

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Richard Nixon said something similar, "A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits!"..He knew something about steep hills, as did his wife...I don't think we could survive without Hope! It re-fuels us to "go on", and on...and on...:-)===JACK:  Even though Jesus said on the cross, "It is finished," more was to come.  "It ain't over, til it's over."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Great quote!  No steep hills but a few hills and valleys.  Nothing “My God and I” can’t handle!😊===JACK:  Sometimes when trains are going through the mountains, they have engines at the rear giving them a push.  God, at times, is like those engines.




No comments: