Monday, February 25, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 2/25/19
“Generosity lies less in giving much than in giving at the right moment.”  (Jean de La Bruyère)  Blazing Oaks recently wrote, “One of our deacons once told me (with a smile) that he knew when I stepped into the pulpit it was going to cost him money...I was always cheering on some worthy project!  Most of us wish we had more to give, with so many desperate pleas, but we do what we can.”  It’s said, Give ‘til it hurts.  I say, Give ‘til it feels good.   ;-)  Jack

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  I know what the feeling that deacon had and I remember hearing giving til it feels good.===JACK:  A "good giver" once told me that "every church needs a hole in the roof."  What he meant was that people generally will give when a reason is apparent or well presented.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  It is more blessed to give than receive.  Ask any parent at Christmas or birthdays or whatever the occasion when they see their children open their special gift. ===JACK:  I'm the first one to say, "Let's open the presents!" at Christmastime.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I like that turn of phrase, Don't give until it hurts,give until it feels good"! I'm going to promote that for my; MOther's Day plea for blanket Sunday! (Last year I used "Blanket the world with LOVE"..._)  Our small congregation bought almost a $1,000.00  worth of blankets! They are generous for a good cause. Most churches these days have "a hole in the roof'! No problem! :-)===JACK:  I thought that you might comment on my use of your words today.  I remember other "giving" (wasn't there one about you..or someone..being held up at the church?) stories that you have told..

FRO ST PAUL IN MESA:  i also like this line:   its not how much am i going to give?   rather, its how much am i going to steal from God.  its all HIS  to begin with so why should i try to hoard it?  ===JACK:  You can find a wastebasket for that one.  IMO



No comments: