Friday, January 25, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words  1/25/19
“The mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive…The Beatles did.”  (Kurt Vonnegut)  What’s your favorite Beatles song?  “I Want To Hold Your Hand” was their first American hit, released in January, 1964.  It may not be your favorite, but I like it for the tune and for the humanness of it.  Who doesn’t want to hold someone’s hand sometime?  Kurt V is right.  The Beatles, by their words and music, did help many people appreciate their humanness.   ;-)  Jack 

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  so many great songs! paul is the most tuneful of the four, imho. but george wrote their best, perhaps, w/this...https://youtu.be/xUNqsfFUwhY===JACK:  Two of my favorites are, Hey Jude and Yesterday.

FROM SF IN FLA:  Always have loved the Beatles. I swooned at their concert at Olympia Stadium when I was 15! ‘Imagine’ is probably my favorite.===JACK:  I'm trying to wrap my hear around  seeing you as one of those screaming swooners.  OOPS...Now, I've got it.===SF:  Hahaha! There it is. Actually, I remember being totally overwhelmed. The screaming was like a siren! Always liked my quiet space the best!!===JACK:  We could understand one another better if we were able to see one another a similar age,,,as teen-agers, for example.

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  “Let it be”===JACK:  Good songs are more than the tune...
When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me
Shine until tomorrow, let it be
I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

FROM STARRY KNIGHT:  I like this! I'm going to remember this one!!! ===JACK:  Audiences need to be aware that performers are human, too.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I do not know very much about the Beatles! I guess I must have been busy with the family at that time!===JACK:  You were probably into Elvis, the Ames Bothers and Spike Jones.===SHIRL:  Elvis yes! I remember my teaching days in Long Beach when some of my 7th grade girls went to one of his concerts on a ship in the harbor! That was probably in 1955 or 56! ===JACK:  Did you know that he was called, Elvis the pelvis?  ,,,and why?

FROM PROUD MARY:  I love Kurt Vonnegut. As far as fav Beatles songs...And I Love Her, In My Life, Let It Be, and Give Peace a Chance. Different songs for different times of development! ===JACK:  It seemed, at first, that the focus was on their hair, rather than on their music.  Time will bring them more honor.===MARY:  True. My friends were gaga over my brother Joe. My parents were okay with his Beatles cut. So many parents weren’t as accepting.===JACK:  He's pictured in my mind, now.  Sad/Glad!







No comments: