Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words  1/23/19
“We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, ‘Why did this happen to me?’ unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way.”  (Unknown)  I saw a picture of a man banging his head on a table with the caption, “Why me?”  There’s a book, When Bad Things Happen To Good People.  I’d venture to say that more good things, rather than bad, happen to us in our lifetime.  Count your blessings and see if that isn’t true.   ;-)  Jack

FROM LG IN COMMERCE:  The book is available...By Rabbi Harold S. Kushner.  Available from Amazon and Christianbook.com (800) Christian===JACK:  I have a copy and have read it several times.  It's a "helper!"

FROM DS IN SOCAL:  Well put===JACK:  When things are going well, we don't seem to need books to help explain the situation.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Enjoy each day and count your blessings every day!===JACK:  There's an old Swedish hymn which is on YouTube...
1 Day by day Thy mercies, Lord, attend me,
O what comfort in this hope to rest!
All that Thou in love divine dost send me,
Draws me, Saviour, closer to Thy breast.
Thou dost love more tenderly than ever
Earthly father careth for his own:
Sorrow’s heavy burden Thou wilt never
Suffer me to carry all alone.
2 Thro’ life’s devious paths Thou e’er wilt guide me,
For each need wilt give me plenteous grace;
In temptation’s storms wilt safely hide me,
Till in glory I behold Thy face.
Thou hast promised for each day and hour
Grace to trust, and strength to do Thy will:
“As thy day is, so shall be thy power,”
This the gracious word Thou speakest still.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Excellent thought today! As Jack Benny used to say," I don't deserve
this arthritis,etc.etc. of my old age; but then I didn't deserve some of the great things in my life either!" (paraphrased, not exact words). Victor Hugo once said, "To love, or have loved is enough. Don't ask for anything more!"  Some truth in that, too! As you said, most of us enjoy more blessings
than bad things in the span of life, at least here in  America.===JACK:  If 3rd-Worlders had computers and I were writing to them, my words would be different, because I try to tailor my messages to readers and to  their situation, as I perceive it.===JACK:  If my brain were up for sale, the sign might read: Slightly Used.

FROM JR IN ANDOVER:  Listen to Kris Kristofferson‘s „Why me?“ sometime.  I‘ll try to send it to you. ===JACK: I like it!
kris kristofferson - Why me Lord - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2u_rEcWW8M

Why me Lord, what have I ever done
To deserve even one
Of the pleasures I've known
Tell me Lord, what did I ever do
That was worth loving you
Or the kindness you've shown.
Lord help me Jesus, I've wasted it so
Help me Jesus I know what I am
Now that I know that I've need you so
Help me Jesus, my soul's in your hand.
Tell me Lord, if you think there's a way
I can try to repay
All I've taken from you
Maybe Lord, I can show someone else
What I've been through myself
On my way back to you.
Lord help me Jesus, I've wasted it so
Help me Jesus I know what I am
Now that I know that I've need you so
Help me Jesus, my soul's in your hand.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Very good question?  Why not me?

FROM ST PAUL IN MESA:  Kushner also says that the Why question is the wrong question to ask.  the better question is HOW am I going to survive this loss and come out again on the other with some level of normalcy and joy in my life?===JACK:  Who's going to be there to help us answer that question?


No comments: