Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words  1/22/19
“The brain is an apparatus with which we think we think.”  (Ambrose Bierce)  In the Bible, Paul describes the Church as being like the human body…each part having its own role, the eye is not the ear, the foot is not the head.  Yes, the brain is important, but it needs body to do its work.  We’re dependent on each other.  Imagine a world with you as the only inhabitant.  The first Twilight Zone episode was titled, “Where is everybody?” and tells the story of a man who finds himself alone in the world.  Typical of “Zone” episodes, it causes you to think.    ;-)  Jack

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Good thought !!! Thanks===JACK:  What an amazing part of the body...the brain!===PAUL:  Believe me.... I know!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  There are people who don’t know how to use their brain.  I run across them sometimes.  But I also enjoy a good conversation with someone who does.  Sometimes I do not use my brain either...that’s why God made our foreheads flat!   Twilight Zone was one of my favorites growing up.  Many times I watched it alone because no one else liked it in the house.  It always made me think and wonder!!!===JACK:  I remember a school teacher say (when the class was stumped by a problem), "Use your brains!"

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  HA!   Ambrose Bierce wrote some stories to think about!  Yes, we try our best to "think", tho as we age, we lose some of those precious brain cells, which cannot be replaced!  Just had an excellent presentation on Alzheimer's Disease, in which the brain is seriously and fatally impaired.  We need to be daily thankful for the ability to think!! A wondrous thing, the brain! ===JACK:  I've quoted this before..."Though man a thinking being is defined, Few use the grand prerogative of mind. How few think justly of the thinking few! How many never think, who think they do!"  (Jane Taylor)===OAKS:  Good one! At one time I had that quote, but copied to share
with my S.S. class and bridge buddies now.  In the study I read on the brain, no one used it  to capacity...not even the geniuses of the world! So awesome!

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I went to an OLLI class today and it is important to keep your brain up to date and challenged! My class was on Frank Lloyd Wright ===JACK:  FLW was one of my favorite architects.  I like the straight-line designs of his homes.

No comments: