Thursday, January 10, 2019

Jack’s Winning Words 1/10/19
“I’d rather look ridiculous when everybody else does than plain and sensible all by myself.”  (L.M. Montgomery--Anne of Green Gables)  My father-in-law would often explain his actions by saying, “I am who I am.”  That expression seems to have its origin from the Bible when God spoke to Moses out of the burning bush, referring to himself as, “I am.”  “I Am” is God!    I have a place in this world, because God has put me here for a reason.  Ridiculous or sensible, I am who I am, because “I Am” has made a place for me.    ;-)  Jack

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i am recklessly sensible at all costs.===JACK:  Yes, it is possible to be reckless and sensible at the same time, just as it is possible to be cautious and foolish at the same time.  Your choice is the better, IMO.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  Also a saying of Popeye!===JACK: Popeye uses, “I yam what I yam” as a description of why he behaves in the manner in which he behaves. He’s saying that such behavior reflects his basic nature..

FROM ST PAUL IN MESA:  a rather profound thought for today,  Jack.  thanks!===JACK:  The profound thought is that...Wherever I am, I AM is with me.

FROM LBP:  Try, “good morning” by Max Frost
Max Frost - Good Morning [Music Video] - YouTube
===JACK:  I like it!


No comments: