Monday, December 17, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 12/17/18
“Four stages of life:  1. You believe in Santa Claus  2. You don’t believe in Santa Claus  3. You are Santa Claus  4. You look like Santa Claus."  (Wall Plaque)  In the news recently was the story of a teacher who was fired because she told 1st graders that Santa Claus isn’t real.  But there was a real Santa Claus, a Saint, Nicholas, who lived in Greece centuries ago and secretly gave gifts to needy families.  I don’t think a teacher would be fired for telling that story.   ;-)  Jack

FROM WALMART REV:  Ho! Ho! Ho! 0;-)===JACK:  Have you ever been a Santa Claus with a beard and red suit?  I know that you've been a "Secret Santa" in the past.  How about this year?

FROM DR J:  ;-) I still believe!===JACK:  ...and do you still sit on Santa's lap?===DR J:  I’d break Santa I fear!!! 🎅

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I don't think she was fired for telling about St. Nicolas; It wasn't her place to enlighten 1st graders about there being no Santa Claus...that is a parent's prerogative!  My own kids believed for a few years after 1st grade...!===JACK:  My point is that we focus so much on the fictional that we miss the real.  The real is often the better story.

No comments: