Thursday, December 13, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 12/13/18 
“Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.”  (Sydney J. Harris)  As a child, I recall being asked, “If you had 3 wishes..?”  My first would be, “I wish that I could have all of my wishes come true!”  Not satisfied with 3, I wanted it all.    Why is it that, though we have much, we want more?  …but wishing for a better world ain’t so bad!   ;-)  Jack

 FROM SP IN SP:  that is actually at the heart of Christian theology while also recognizing the sinfulness of humanity.===JACK:  Simul justus et peccator!

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  smart kid. i said the same thing!===JACK:  Did it work for you?  Not for me!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Change is painful but necessary.  It’s not always necessary and sometimes is down right dangerous....especially when trying to be “politically or religiously” correct.
   I myself always wished I had unending wishes!===JACK:  There's a song..."Wishing Will Make It So" and another song, "It Ain't Necessarily So."===JUDY:  There ya go!!  The two different aspects of change or wishes!

No comments: