Thursday, September 13, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 9/13/18
“Walk on through the wind  Walk on through the rain  Though your dreams be tossed and blown  Walk on, walk on  With hope in your heart  And you'll never walk alone.”  (Richard Rodgers)  I remember, as a 10-yr-old, how afraid I was when I saw the movie, The Hurricane.  Storms can be scary for adults, too…and not only hurricanes.  Rodgers gives good advice.  When you are tossed and blown, remember:  God goes with you.  You do not walk alone.   ;-)  Jack

FROM WALMART REV:  "Walking on now with faith and confidence, not walking at all alone!" ===JACK:  How many times have you sung this song...
"Trying to walk in the steps of the Savior,
Trying to follow our Savior and King;
Shaping our lives by His blessed example,
Happy, how happy, the songs that we bring."

FROM PROUD MARY:  This song of the day has been a theme song throughout my life. I will use it in the next number of difficult days.===JACK:  It's an "everyday" reminder that God is always with us, but it's especially significant for those in the path of Hurricane Florence.

FROM HONEST JOHN:  I thought Rodgers did the music and Hammerstein wrote the lyrics. ===JACK:  You're probably right.,,as usual.  Whatever...the lyrics are good.  Hammerstein and Rodgers worked well together, producing great songs. 

FROM SHALOM JAN:  We sang that in the high school choir, too.  My concern is that, with all the storm emphasis on our East Coast, we are ignoring "readiness" for Hawaii, which also has a huge hurricane headed there.  Haven't heard anyone talking about preparedness for the islands.  I hope not another Puerto Rico!!===JACK:  Ultimately, it's about empathy (not sympathy).

FROM INDY GENIE:  I love this song!!🎶 I loved the drama of it when I was a little girl(big girl, too:)===JACK:  I remember hearing it as a Grayslake HS graduation song.  So appropriate!

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  and thank goodness (and God) for that!===JACK:  I look at "goodness" as a slang synonym for God, like, GeeZoo, Gosh, Golly, GadZooks, etc.===PAUL:  i think those words came into use as a way of not breaking the 2nd Commandment.  but isn't it really just splitting hairs??===JACK:  When I was in Luther League (ages ago) our pastor's wife game me a pamphlet, "Sugar Coated Swearing" which listed some of those words.===PAUL:  my guess is the pamphlet today is no where to be found.      we grew up in simpler times, did we not?

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I love that song! I guess that is why I can’t get into the songs of today. ===JACK:  Here are three top songs of today.  Can you relate?  God Is A Woman; God Has A Plan; Sunrise,.Sunburn, Sunset.

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  Always loved this song===JACK:  What songs do you recall from your USO days?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I've sung that song many times for various gatherings and programs, and it is always inspirational! Both words and such appropriate music for the words make a memorable song!  My faith has sustained me through life's crises, such as losing my husband to Inoperable Brain Cancer, and a son to Liver failure. I don't know how people cope with such things walking "alone"!  I have a dish/Plaque on my coffee table with the words "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!" I could substitute FAITH for LIFE..===JACK:  The theater masks, Comedy and Tragedy, seem to illustrate your life...so much laughter...and tears, too.  But, the show must go on, and you have been an example of that to the many who know you.  Have you ever sung the Anne Murray song, "Put Your Hand In The Hand Of The Man Who Stilled The Waters?"

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We have to remember He’s with us always.  We all have that devil that drives us.  But we’re not alone....we’re never alone!  What a blessed thought!===JACK:  The reading, "Footprints in the Sand," emphasizes that God is always with us...good times and bad.







No comments: