Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 5/9/18
“Land really is the best art.”  (Andy Warhol)  What’s the most beautiful landscape that you’ve ever seen?  For me, it might have been the Grand Canyon or the Canadian Rockies.  For most of us, art is wherever we look…the personal pictures on the wall…things on the refrigerator made by our children or g-children.  Look in the mirror…God’s art.  (Yes, God sometimes has fun!)  MTM sang: “Love is all round.”  I say that “art” is all around.  Do you have a favorite?   ;-)  Jack

  FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL: we drove thru 4 national parks in southern Utah on the way home from AZ.   just gorgeous scenery. btw,  who is MTM?====JACK:  Our National Parks are a treasure.  Did you know that there is one in Calumet, Michigan?  Ma Ty Mo (hint)====PAUL:  i think i had a bowl of that recently at an Asian restaurant... ====JACK:  I will not eat anything in an Asian restaurant when I don't know the source of it.

FROM VW MARY:  The Oregon coast at sunset is one of my favorite landscapes and.. my favorite art of the moment...the Milwaukee Art Museum..====JACK:  I've been to the Milwaukee Zoo, but not the Art Museum.  And, I have been to the Oregon coast.  Besides the scenery, I saw kite flying and stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  The rocky shores of both coasts, the Glaciers in Alaska, Copper Harbor in the UP, and sitting and watching the sunset or sunrise on any of our Great Lakes!   ( Right now, land itself isn’t so fun.  I’m making a rocket city garden and the rocks are too heavy and the dirt is too dirty!)====JACK:  Sometimes our own  backyard is the "most beautiful" place,,,in more ways than one.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  Van Gogh's landscape paintings.===JACK:  I agree.  Van Gogh is a master at recreating landscapes.

FROM WALMART REV: My little "smiley face with the wink" . . . most folk comment of the "halo", but it is really my bald head I'm showing! Nice to be thought of as an angel at times . . . but you and I know different!! 0;-)====JACK:  Did you know that Smiley Face was invented by Harvey Ross Ball over 50 years ago?  I don't know who invented the wink.  Maybe it was Adam when he first saw Eve,

FROM MV:  Just driving to work on this beautiful May Spring morning. The colors from the flowering trees-purple, pink, white, yellow, green are like a Claude Monet impressionist painting. ====JACK:  I like the "impressionists" when it comes to painting...and speaking, too.

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  How bout this for art.  The statue is Italian from 1872   The baby is American from 2018====JACK:  Statues are nice (Michelangelo?), but a live baby is nicer, especially when it's a grandchild.====HOWIE:  The statute was by Benzoni (another Italian) in 1872. The baby was by Laura and Blair 2018.====JACK:  Babies, and even statues, have names ====HOWIE:  ====HOWIE:  The veiled lady and Avery Esme Maman====JACK:  How apropos for the baby.  Both names are traced to the Hebrew, meaning, "Gift of God."

FROM TRIHARDER:  Some colors in the sky have brought me close to tears. My first view of the Grand Canyon  left me breathless. Seeing snow in the Rockies as I approached Denver for the first time was like proving the earth was round.====JACK:  I respect your opinion, since you have seen such a variety of "landscapes" in your lifetime.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  i like Pablo Picasso's quote about art: (If it is genuine...!) "The purpose
of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls." One of the most spectacular land sights I've seen was JAPAN during Cherry blossom time. Every park across the land, lined streets, etc. were filled with pink and white blossoming cherry trees. Absolutely gorgeous!  If you've seen them surrounding the Pavilion in Washington D.C. you get a glimmer of that!  Sunsets in Hawaii, the majesty of Alaskan Terrain, the Grand Canyon,  Big Sur in CA...my what a feast of art we have in the U.S. as well!!  The quote in your blog today is attributed to Mark Twain: "Never argue with an idiot, because bystanders won't know who the idiot is!"  I'll bet many a celebrity or politician is amazed, (shocked, horrified, amused)  at the many things they are quoted as saying!====JACK:  Andy Warhol also said:  "Art is a man's name."  I thought that was funny.


 

No comments: