Friday, January 05, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 1/5/18
“If you’re around 50, you’re called: Generation Grumpy.”  (KingNews)  I recently watched “Grumpy Old Men” with my granddaughter.  She’d never seen it before, and we laughed together (probably at different things).  There’s a generation gap.  Grumpy can be funny at times, and also irritating.  We all have to share the same world, and it’s been my experience that living becomes more enjoyable when I try to learn from generations different from mine.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Yes it is an amazing world on which we live with all of the electronic changes ====JACK:  My new TV wasn't working properly.  A "younger generation" person stopped by, called a friend on her iPhone, and after a brief conversation and the push of a couple of buttons on the clicker it was working perfectly.  I still use a flip phone.====SHIRL:  I got my first iPhone in 2007 for 99 cents and am now on my third one====JACK:  ...and I thought that you were a Florida Fogie.

FROM TRIHARDER:  I'm enjoying being a curmudgeon.====JACK:  I've passed that stage.  Now, I'm just a sweet old grandpa.  "Here, let me help you with that.  We don't want you yo hurt yourself!" ====TH:  When a young person stops to open a door open for me, I say, "get your ass in there or I'll kick it."====JACK:  You remind me of that old guy in the Jimmy John's TV commercial..."What took you so long?"====TH:  OK, I gotta draw a line ... 

FROM TARMART REV: God advice, Jack, as always!!====JACK:   Have you reached the point of doing more teaching than learning?====REV:  Still a student, really . . . stronger as "foot soldier" out in the field receiving commands and putting the teaching to good use, hopefully.====JACK:  Do you ever stop being nice?  I'll have to ask your wife. ====REV:  Now, you are getting tooooo personal?!?!====JACK:  It takes one to know one. 

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: I’d move the age back a little... to 80 maybe.  But it did make me laugh.  We haven’t seen the movie but I guess we should!  Any movies that make me laugh are the kinds I want to see...none of those grumpy old movies!!!====JACK:  Beneath the "grumpy" exterior of some people lies a heart of gold.  I even know some pastors like that.

FROM KANSAN DON:  Very good!! and Amen!   Sometimes I’m slow to learn.====JACK:  I paid attention when my TV was being fixed.  I used that "knowledge" this afternoon.  Hooray!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  "Grumpy Old Men" with those seasoned two actors was a riot' My kids thought it was funny; don't know about gkids, tho!  I'm living with 4 generations in my family, and indeed our worlds are very different, but the Love transcends that!  Reminds me of the story of the grandma getting help on the computer from a bright 11 year old and him (after fixing the problem)
called it an Idtent problem. Told her to write it out;, when she questions what that was, and she'd understand, so she  did: Id10T.   She did feel like an idiot!!====JACK:  Mary would not allow our children to refer to anyone as an idiot.  She might have allowed Idtent.

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  The older I get, the more I feel privileged to feel that way.====JACK:  What makes you grumpy?  Trumpy?


No comments: