Thursday, January 25, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 1/25/18
“You’re not rich until you have something money can’t buy.”  (LuxQuotes)  Perhaps you heard: 20-yr-old Shane Missler won the 450M Powerball Jackpot.  Shane hopes to use part of it “to do good for humanity.”  He also said, “I believe that those who maintain a positive mind-set will be rewarded.”  You may have picked losing numbers, but you can still be a winner if you have your health, peace of mind, and someone who loves you.  Count your blessings!    ;-)  Jack

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  amen amen amen====JACK:   I take it that you agree.

FROM CPA BOB:  Every day....====JACK:  There's a fat/xlim chance of winning the Lottery every day.  But, blessings (seen and unseen) are always there for you.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  So true!  I remember the words of Jim Carrey, (the   actor): "I think everybody should get rich and famous, and do everything they ever dreamed of doing, so they can see that it's not the answer."  I believe his significant other took her life, which has really impacted him to re-assess priorities.  Of course we've all probably seen relationships and marriages destroyed because of constant financial burdens, so there IS that opposite truth, you do need enough money to cover the basics...====JACK:  In a way, I feel sorry for the 20-year-old who won all that money.  As I look back, I'm grateful for the "lean" times which taught me the value of work, frugality and the value of being able to "lean" on others...especially my God.  Do you remember the song...
"Lean on me, when you're not strong  And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on  For it won't be long  'Til I'm gonna need  Somebody to lean on"
====OAKS:  I've heard it at some point, but don't really KNOW it. We all have our lean (as you and we did) and leaning times. I often couldn't purchase things for the house to redecorate, etc. and had to remember to "Want what you have, and  you'll always have what you want!" But as you say, we were still happy, and grateful for what we had, and were able to do!====JACK:  I've heard that people you can depend on and go to are sometimes called, "My leaning wall."...I can lean on them.  Listen...

Bill Withers - Lean On Me [with lyrics] - YouTube

====OAKS:  THANKS! I DO REMEMBER THAT SONG VAGUELY, BUT THIS WAS GREAT!
PLAYED IT TWICE...AM GOING TO  FIND A COPY FOR MY S.S. CLASS; WE'RE
ALL OLD, AN LEANING! HA!====JACK:  Here's another "leaning" song I like...
What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Leaning, leaning,
Safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Leaning, leaning,
Safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Leaning, leaning,
Safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

FROM SA IN HELENA:  There's a placard made of barn wood on the kitchen wall with the words, 'House Rules - Count your blessings and love one another.' , painted on it. We are blessed! ====JACK:  Do you remember the song...
  This is the promise of love;  There shall be seasons refreshing,    Sent from the Savior above.
  Showers of blessing,    Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy-drops round us are falling,      But for the showers we plead.

FROM KZB:  That is a GREAT quote, and so good for my last week of work!!!====JACK:  Yes, it is...but, the day of your retirement is the first day of the rest of your life.  I wonder what God has in store for you.  As we used to sing around the campfire..."He's got his eye on you.  He's got his eye on you.  My Lord, sittin' in the kingdom , He's got his eye on Kathy!"

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How very true!  My most important times in my life are those spent with Family and friends.  Nothing is more important to me than my relationship with my God and Savior!  Totally free and irreplaceable ====JACK:  Your blessings?  Name them...one by one. ====JUDY:  I really would spend the rest of my life and beyond counting them.  I bet you would have the same problem.

No comments: