Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 12/12/17
“Flaming enthusiasm, backed by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.”  (Dale Carnegie)  In the movie, What About Bob?, Bob says about his psychiatrist, “He’s got horse sense.”  Does anyone know what horse sense is?  I see it as “unsophisticated common sense,” as compared to “book learning.”  My wife’s grandfather was a shoemaker who also made violins and sailboats.  He had horse sense.    ;-)  Jack

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Sophia Loren once said, "Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself, and unflagging persistence. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, so much further than people with vastly superior talent".I think she's right about that! I think of horse sense as being practical wisdom, akin to common sense. Good manners, and being nice and respectful to others also enter in! That makes you a person other people are happy to see get ahead!====JACK:  Mr. Ed had horse sense..  He gave Wilbur good advice.

FROM KF:  I love "What about Bob"!!!   When Stephanie was little I took her to the play "The Elves and the Shoemaker".......she was terrified and we had to leave :  )    Hopefully she's over that; and I think she has horse sense : )))))====JACK:  Is...)))))...at the end of your reply, a WHINNY?


No comments: