Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 5/31/17
“You should never be surprised at getting surprised.”  (Kirk Gibson)  I don’t know about you, but I’m not a fan of surprises.  Yet, life is full of them…both negative and positive.  It could be a telephone call, a diagnosis report, breaking news!  Gibson was right when he told recent college graduates that the unexpected was going to impact their future.  As I look back, even the bad has had a way of turning to be good.  …and it’s because there’s a God who is always with me.    ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  are you surprised to get this response 12 minutes after you sent it?:):)====JACK:  Let's see..Are you an early riser, a late go-to-bedder, or a can't sleeper?

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  One surprise...I love the way Kirk Gibson analyzes the game. As a player, he didn't talk much and was surly. As an announcer, he is articulate, bright, and teaches us nuances of the game I never heard before. I'm pleasantly surprised.====JACK:  I agree.  He's my favorite of the announcers, because he knows his stuff and presents it without being a pedant.  I'm pleasantly surprised when I see no signs of Parkinson's.====PAUL:  Because he holds the mic with his left hand....sometimes his speech slurs.  I give him so much credit.====JACK:  He's a baseball hero to me.  I have a picture of him (hanging on my wall) raising his hands in celebration as he circles the bases after hitting a game-changing home run in the 1984 World Series when the Tigers went wire to wire, never behind any other team.  My kind of season!  My kind of player!

FROM TARMART REV:  "The best is yet to come!!"====JACK:  Will you be surprised when heaven is NOT what you expect it to be?  Remember what Paul wrote:  "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."====REV:  Pleasantly surprised, indeed!!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Just recently my daughter surprised me by showing up at my doorstep on Easter weekend to celebrate with me and the family. She had alerted me to "expect a pkg. to be delivered by 8:00 P.M". that day, so when the doorbell rang, I, of course, thought the pkg. was delivered, opened the door to find SHE was the present! :-)  Negative surprises not so wonderful, but Gibson is certainly right, life bestows many surprises upon us, and we deal with them, either way! Thank goodness for Faith, and a Heavenlyl Father!!====JACK:  The first Easter was certainly a surprise for Mary and the disciples.  Our "first day" in heaven will have some surprises, too.

FROM WB IN WB:  I've always liked this one:  “In every job that must be done, there’s an element of fun. You find the fun, and SNAP, the job’s a game.”   Mary Poppins    It's like what my Dad use to tell me "There is both good and bad in everything and everyone, it's our job to find the good"  Hope all is well with you and yours,====JACK:  Your dad was not only a good businessman, but he knew something about people, too.  The quote you quoted certainly fits today's WWs.

FROM MY LAWYER:  You deserve only the best. I'm with you, too!!!====JACK:  I've had the best of many things...and your friendship is one of them.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  I guess you are not a Crackejack.====JACK:  The dictionary says that a "crackerjack" is someone who is known for being excellent in things that he does.  You're right!  I can't remember that I've ever been called that.  







No comments: