Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words  12/27/16
“I love people who can make me laugh when I don’t even want to smile.”  (Unknown)  The 3 Stooges make me laugh (yuk yuk), but I’m not sure that I’d trust Moe to be a friend.  A word of comfort is better than a poke in the eye.  I want a friend who knows me and still likes me.  I want someone, like the writer of Ecclesiastes, who understands that there is “a time to laugh and a time to weep.”  I’ve read that Jesus wept; I’ve also seen pictures of him laughing.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  ...thought those three stooges were funny as a child until I saw some old re-runs a few years back and found them rather as roughens with each other, with Moe being the ringleader of it all.  0;-/====JACK:  "We are who we were!"  The Stooges and other "questionable" stuff helped make us what we are today.  I suppose you resemble Curly the most.

 FROM RS IN TEXAS:  "Who's on first?"====JACK:  Yes, Abbott and Costello were funny.  Who are the modern funny people?  I Googled "The 10 Best Comedians of 2016" and did not know one of them.====RS:  Not funny per se, but we like watching The Carbonaro Effect, a magician who uses a hidden camera to record people's reactions to things he does.  Always makes us smile.  Seinfeld was always good for a laugh or two as well.  Good thing for re-runs.  Wish I could see more Bob Hope. ====JACK:  We like Carbonaro, too (TruTV).  Chevy Chase's "Christmas Vacation" is a holiday movie that always makes me laugh...(Aunt Bethany saying The Blessing--"I pledge allegiance etc.").

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  I recently read a little cartoon:  "Friends are the ones who stick by you like an octopus on your face!"====JACK:  It must have been written by a Red Wings fan.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Merry Christmas to you and to all of your family, Jack.  When we went to Mass Christmas Eve Father surprised us all with a visit from St. Nick. That was the first in all my years, and it made people  happy. I feel so blessed with such a wonderful family. We had 85 degree weather and after Christmas dinner we went to Clearwater Beach, played football, and walked the beautiful  white sand beach. All of my electronic stuff is now in perfect working order, too. ====JACK:  We went to a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, too.  Only....the hand-held candles this year were battery operated.  It didn't create the same atmosphere.  At Christmastime I once visited some church members who were from Germany.  They had live candles on their tree.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  THEN, THERE'S "I LAFFED SO HARD I CRIED."====JACK:  I once invited a friend to play golf on day.  He'd never played before, so he had some problems.  His real problems began on the 3rd hole when I substituted an off-center ball for the one he was using.  When hit the ball, it did all kinds of crazy things.  He was laughing and saying that he couldn't understand what he was doing to make the shots make sharp curves.  When he putted on the 5th hole the ball bounced across the green and finally bounced right into the hole.  He let out a big cheer.  By that time I was rolling on the ground and laughing so hard that tears came to my eyes.



No comments: