Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 12/6/16
“Who knew that dog saliva can mend a broken heart?”  (Jennifer Neal)  Stanley Cohen has written an article about the healing properties of dog saliva.  As usual, there are two schools of thought…good and ick.  What do you think?  The French have a saying, “A dog’s tongue is a doctor’s tongue.”  It’s interesting that Cohen’s writing is in Psychology Today.  Maybe it’s in the mind.  All I know is that some strange things happen when dogs and people bond.    ;-)  Jack

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  pass the Milk Bone please...====JACK:  "If dogs have a heaven, there's one thing I know.  Old Shep has a wonderful home."  What do you think?  Will there be dogs in heaven?====PAUL:  Alvin Rogness once put it this way.   If for some reason,  your eternal happiness in the life to come is contingent on having  your pet with you,  then why would God deny you such happiness?  I thought that was a pretty good answer.====JACK:  I think that you once gave me a Rogness book in which he talked about the death of his son.  I loaned it to someone who really needed it, and it hasn't come back.  It's now out of print.

FROM TARMART REV:  Always heard that was true until recent times. Think I will use a hot wet wash rag!====JACK:  Make sure that it's sterile.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  so this is my story to share.  i grew up with dogs.  i was never comfortable around them.  i knew that daddy and mama would never have a creature in the house that would harm any one of us kids so i accepted them. i liked cats. when i was grown we did the dog thing for our children...dear florence...an unruly, but kind dog.  when she went to heaven, (because, we know that all dogs go to heaven), i thought my job was done.  "cats from now on", i said.  i can't live without a cat.  then i had a best friend dog lulu, (she did not live with me).  lulu helped me to know that dogs are special creatures.  when she went to heaven my job was done.  then lucy came into my life.  she chose me...she came to us.  i resisted, but she persisted.  i did not know how lonely and hurt i was until i no longer felt lonely and hurt.  she is a healer.  dog is spelled what backwards? ====JACK:  I seem to recall that your current dog's name is Puddles something or other.

No comments: