Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 12/20/16
“Strange, isn’t it?  Each man’s life touches so many other lives.”  (Clarence)  There are times when we might feel like George Bailey, that our life doesn’t make much of a difference.  “It’s a Wonderful Life” has grown in popularity since its release as a so-so movie.  Think of the people who’ve made a difference in your life...and, you and I---We’ve made a difference to others, too.   Frank Capra made many movies, but he thought “A Wonderful Life” was the best.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM RI IN BOSTON:  It is a "wonderful life" but many of us don't realize how wonderful until we come up against hardship of one sort or another.====JACK:  That's the way it happened for George.  Most of us go through the "rough patches."  Maybe that's what makes it a wonderful life.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  It's satisfying to know that your life has made a difference, probably in ways we'll never know, but certainly our children, "grands", and "greats" will have been impacted!  I am one who loves that movie, and am thankful for the message it brings home so clearly. Every life counts in a meaningful way!====JACK:  I remember reading about someone who attended his own funeral (he was invisible)...and heard all the things that people said about him.  In your case, it would probably be a very long service if they listed all the good things that you had done.====OAKS:   THANK YOU JACK,  i've tried very hard to make my life count, as I know YOU have, and your life partner, as well, I'm sure! Appreciated your Christmas Card and note! Busy getting read for my big family gathering here, and all the extra church and social happenings, but the ice and sleet kept me in for 3 days; weather so bad everything was at a standstill. I don't think any Springfield or Sherman churches held services Sunday, and our  choir party was canceled, and my friend's 90th b.day party, etc. Kind of nice being able to stay home and catch up on some things here, and have time to READ AND WATCH SOME TV.  I'm like one of the blog writers: enjoyed the schmaltzy Hallmark movies. Love those happy endings !====JACK:  There's nothing wrong with happy endings.  That's what heaven is all about for God's people.  Have you sung the song....
When we all get to heaven  What a day of rejoicing that will be
When we all see Jesus  We'll sing and shout the victory

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  I think of you. You made a difference and still do.====JACK:  It works both ways.

FROM MK IN MICHIGAN:  This is so appropriate for me today.  My step Dad isn't doing good. He was diagnosed with pneumonia 2 weeks ago. Since then he has been going downhill fast.  We're headed to Lansing now. He's Doctor doesn't know if he'll make it to Christmas. Please keep Jerry & my Mom in your prayers.  Jerry has been my Dad more than my biological father. He raised us from teenagers. He's a gentle soul with a big heart. He truly has touched so many lives in a quiet way. ====JACK:  In his case, I think that it would be OK to just call him, "Dad."  I've missed seeing him lately.  Prayers are offered.

FROM PT AT OLCCP:  Jack – we had the fun of seeing “It’s A Wonderful Life” at the Redford Theater on Friday night along with special guest Carolyn Grimes (Zu Zu in the movie)! She had fun stories to tell about the filming and actors involved, things to watch for on the screen, etc. It was really fun…great movie, great message!====JACK:  It's been a wonderful life for Zu Zu, to be able to relive her experience of being in that movie.

 FROM JM IN WISCONSIN:  Thank you Pastor Freed for the difference you have made and continue to make in my life.  God bless you.====JACK:  One of the wonderful parts of my life was the time spent with the people of Bethany Church.  What great memories, including those of you and your family.

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  How  often we touch others lives, or others touch us in ways we never notice....a salesgirl handing us change....today I bought  a fish sandwich and the  young lady surprised me with her cheerfulness and smile.   and as I left...since I walk with a cane...she came from behind the counter and opened the  door for me....warmed my spirit for most of the day.   I try to do the same by saying a kind word to those who  serve us  in so many different ways.  Jack, you are a personal inspiration to me  with your daily good words.   God bless you  as God is  blessing us through your  fingers on the keys.====JACK:  In Jesus Parable to the Talents, we are told that each of us are given talents by God, and that we are to use them.  In Sunday School, we used to sing..."Jesus bids us shine with a clear, pure light,  Like a little candle burning in the night;  In this world of darkness, we must shine,  You in your small corner, and I in mine."


No comments: