Thursday, December 15, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 12/15/16
“Who needs the protection of the Bill of Rights the most?  The weak, the most vulnerable in society.”  (Danny Kaye)  Some teachers are teaching their students about “freedom” by having them read the Bill of Rights…225 yrs old today!  All ten “rights” are important, but #9 is good, especially, because it says that “all” have rights, not just the privileged.  Danny was right.  In her song, Think, Aretha sings, “Freedom..think about it!”  Think about “freedom” today!    ;-)  Jack

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Well done, Jack. I wrote a piece lately about my current thoughts on where we are right now as a country. Are you interested in reading it?====JACK:  Yes, I've read "your piece," and I know that you're more than upset, but as Scarlett said in Gone With the Wind...
"As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this."  Let her words be your words.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  we were just "thinking" of one of our fav skating programs a couple of days ago!  Skating to Aretha Franklin's, THINK.  https://youtu.be/9uclL44PYRU====JACK:  The music seemed to be lost behind the commentary and the applause for the skating...but, good for you in making the connection.


No comments: