Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 12/13/16
“We don’t need to have the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful.”  (Taylor Swift)  A pastor I knew was giving his annual report to the congregation, and the people began to boo.  Last week, tomatoes were thrown at the President-elect.  Is anyone teaching manners these days?  I’ve read that how people treat others reveals how they feel about themselves.  How are you feeling today?  I like Taylor’s comment on the importance of being respectful.    ;-)  Jack

FROM CR IN CANADA:  I agree - I think our recent election brought a great many people to a new low.  Hopefully we turn it around!====JACK:  With a positive spin....I think that the election taught us to appreciate more, the things that we have taken for granted.

FROM BIG AL:  I Thank you daily!====JACK:  I give thanks to God for the in-Spiration.  Ideas don't come out of thin air.

FROM MY CHALDEAN FRIEND:   I need to work on that when i discuss politics with my friends at Shenandoah.  Thank you for that Jack.====JACK:  I like Proverbs 15:1..."A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."  The Bible's got some good advice.

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  Kids are very disrespectful to teachers. Very rare in the 70's, 80's or 90's. Why teachers don't even think about teaching 30 + years any longer. Just too hard. Very sad.
On a brighter note, Merry Christmas Jack!!====JACK:  I remember a time when students would stand when their teacher walked into the room, and the teacher would salute them.  My...Those were the Dark Ages, weren't they?====DONNA:  Wow! Older than me.====JACK:  Old?  When I was in grade school, only unmarried women could teach.  Our 6th grade teacher got married, and she had to quit.  She was the best teacher I ever had.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  That poor girl has been dragged through the mud but she goes on, as will Trump.  Going back to school the good old days would be great in many ways.  Children were brought up to respect thus the adults were respectful too.  But....when hate was taught hate was learned.  To be above it all and go in with life is the answer.  And...leaning on God is paramount. ====JACK:  The Good Old Days weren't always so good.  "The past always looks better than it was.  It's only pleasant because it isn't here."  (Finley Peter Dunn)  This was a quote that I was intending to use sometime....and now I have.====JUDY:   As I read the Diaries of the ladies and girls on the Oregon Trail or pioneers on the Great Plains, it's always clear to me I would never enjoy living back there.  I may not have even survived.  But they did have a strong since of fellowship, community, and morals and manners!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Yes, politeness will get you far more than disrespect and criticism will!. A lesson many have yet to learn.  Our society seems so belligerent these days. I must say Trump probably deserved the tomatoes, but we should respect the office of Pres. even if we can't respect the person....Ah me! Taylor Certainly has a point!====JACK:  WWJD?  He wouldn't throw tomatoes or hurl insults.====OAKS:  WELL HE DID WHEN HE CLEANSED THE TEMPLE. EVERYONE HAS HIS/HER LIMITS...====JACK:  He didn't like Satan, either.

FROM ME IN NEWPORT BEACH:  As a result I have new respect for Taylor Swift.====JACK:  Just because  someone's a pop singer doesn't mean she has to be a ditz.  Have you ever used (or heard of) the word, ditz?

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  TRUE, TRUE.


No comments: