Friday, November 25, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 11/25/16
“Failure is success if we learn from it.”  (Malcolm Forbes)  In 1966 Time magazine predicted that “remote shopping has no future, because women want to get out of the house.”  What a difference 50 years has made.  This week I ordered several things online, and how about you?  I heard of a school that has “Failure Week”…when they teach resilience, risk taking, how failure can be good.  Having failed doesn’t necessarily mean that you and I are failures.    ;-)  Jack  

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  this could also be Black Friday Lives Matter...====JACK:  One of these days slogans will be turned into reality.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Some of my best successes were my failures.====JACK:  Sometimes we "rush to judgment" concerning success or failure.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  As J.K. Rowling observed in Family Circle Mag., "It's impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all!"  She knew whereof she  spoke, having had rejections aplenty until her Harry Potter Series ...I'm not a big online shopper, but my kids and "grands" are, and it IS convenient! Here's to learning  from life's "setbacks"! :-)====JACK:  As my walking slows with age, I've learned to appreciate the old slogan..."Let your fingers do the walking."

FROM CG IN MICHIGAN:  I like this one!====JACK:  I always like it when a negative can be turned into a positive.

No comments: