Monday, August 08, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 8/8/16
“The thing about chameleoning your way though life is that it gets to where nothing is real.”  (John Green)  The chameleon is an interesting animal in that it is able to camouflage itself by becoming the color of whatever is next to it.  “Niceaholics” is a word to describe people who try to please everybody (to be like them) and wind up pleasing nobody.  I admit it.  I try to be an accommodator.  I should read the book, “251 Ways To Say It And Mean It.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  ... me too, Jack . . . it just seems to come natural!!====JACK:  I guess that it's our attempt to put ourselves in the other's place...to see where they're coming from.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  i'll give ya lessons... i never change my colors!====JACK:  I wouldn't call it "changing my colors;"  I'd say that it's "adapting to my surroundings," being sensitive to the situation.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  If you're constantly changing who you are, you'll  run out of new things to become; A sense of self usually takes years to really "gel", but eventually you learn to be your own person, and you're not going to please everyone! Teddy Roosevelt was right when he said, "Comparison is the thief of Joy"!  We are "fearfully and wonderfully made.====JACK:  I'm talking here about being sympathetic and empathetic.  We can do that without changing our self.====OAKS  OH, in that case, I'm all for being both!!  I interpreted what you said to mean you changed to accommodate everyone's taste to be liked and accepted....:-(  sorry!====JACK:  Communication is simply restating a message, so that the point is clear.  I think that you're a chameleon in that sense of the word.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i used to be indecisive but now i am not so sure...====JACK:  What do you think about Trump?====SP:  here is my answer:   Google   Narcissistic Personality Disorder and you will find 5 items that describe Trump to a tee!  i could never vote for him.  he is just to thin-skinned and unstable and unaware of how the world really works.   my vote will go to Hillary. ====JACK:  That doesn't sound indecisive.

FROM ME VISITING IN NORTHERN WISCONSIN:  Saw Everett Lange at a Peterson family Reunion in Lac du Flambeau yesterday and he asked how many people read your blog?====JACK:  Over 500 get Winning Words.  How many read the blog follow up?  It's hard to tell.  Do you?  Regardless, Winning Words is stimulating (and fun) for me.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  There was a saying like "She is so sweet she gave me diabetes".....or something like that.  We all know people who could sweeten our tea with a squish of their finger.  As I age, speaking my mind becomes easier and not so sweet sometimes.  Not sure if that's good or bad. ====JACK:  You don't want to turn into a crabby old Maxine.

No comments: