Friday, August 05, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 8/5/16
“I love you with all my butt.  I would say, heart, but my butt is larger.”  (LOLZombie.com)  Did you ever play this game with a baby?  “How much does mommy love you?”  Stretch your arms out wide and say, “Sooooo much.”  Soon the child will be doing the same thing.  We learn to love from a loving parent.  In the Bible we read, “We love, because he (God) first loved us.”  Google: YouTube The Love of God –Bianne Cipriano  (Especially, Verse 2)    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  An interesting truth I learned of only in recent years . . . in my circle of Biblical training, we were taught or I only picked up on, "man being made up of spirit, soul and body", meaning his heart (spirit), mind (soul) and body (body, of course) . . . but in the Hebrew language and Jewish understanding, the heart of man had more to do with man's mind and his process of thinking things through . . . in regards to man's heart, such as our emphasis at Valentine's Day was more so related to his bowels or lower extremities. "I love you with all my bowels?!?!" Never too to to learn!!====JACK:  I don't think that "I love you with all my bowels" would be a big seller for Valentine's Day.

FROM MUSICIAN NANCY:  I love this hymn. Never heard it before. Such beautiful lyrics. ====JACK:  It might be a good choir anthem, with a soloist doing the "Could we with ink the ocean fill" verse.  It's said that those words were found scribbled on the wall of a room occupied by a mentally disturbed person.

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  I read a book once called “A Small Treatise on the Great Virtues: The Uses of Philosophy in Everyday Life” in it the author said that love is the greatest virtue of all. ====JACK:  I seem to recall that you mentioned that this was a book that helped shape your life's moral direction.  I remember getting it from the library and being impressed.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  good thoughts for today, Jack.  thanks.====JACK:  Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me soooooo much!

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  Love this. Today is my Mom's birthday and she is doing pretty good and Sunday is our grandson's first birthday. Love is all around me. Have a great weekend Jack! ====JACK:  Your response reminds me of the Mary Tyler Moore theme song.

The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Opening) on Vimeo

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it
Love is all around, no need to waste it  You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all  You're gonna make it after all 

No comments: