Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 8/31/15
“I have perceived that man with courage and will-power can overcome anything.”  (Scharnhorst)  Determination?  Persistence?  Tenacity?  Guts?  The Finns have a word for it: SISU!  Sisu is even in the Bible.  “I can do all things…through Christ who strengthens me.”  Paul wrote this while facing difficult situations in his life.  God will give me the strength to get through the tough times.  I’ll be able to cope, because Christ gives me SISU.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  learned a new thing... SISU. i have it!  (thanks for teaching me new stuff.) ====JACK:  Every day there stuff that we can learn...if we keep our eyes, ears and mind open.  As Robert Louis Stevenson wrote: "The world is so full of a number of things, I ’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.”

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  Romans 5: 2-3.====JACK:  It's a hard lesson...that suffering is good for us.  It sort of reminds me of Mother Theresa's words: “I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.”

FROM BS IN ENGLAND:  Thank you for today's WW,  I  am feeling rather low.  Angela lost  the one to one funding as it has been determined  that she is not a threat  to herself  or others as she no longer stands, walks or talks.  Therefore  she does not receive individual  care by the same person.
With God's help I  will get through these tough times.====JACK:  We pray:  " Yea, though I walk through the valley///thou art with me."


No comments: