Friday, August 19, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 8/19/16
“Some glad morning, when this life is o’er, I’ll fly away.”  (Albert Brumley)  Today is National Aviation Day, celebrating the birthday of Orville Wright.  Before the airplane, the Bible spoke of flying to heaven (like the angels).  Believers, on their last day, would fly away to be with God.  Albert Brumley wrote a song about that…”I’ll Fly Away.”  Listen to Alabama sing it…    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grV3zPU7kdc     ;-)  Jack

FROM PASTY PAT IN PALESTINE:  I love that one. Thanks for WW --- it's a much needed anchor to sanity right now!====JACK:  Remember....some glad day you're going to fly away to be with God, eternally!

FROM TARMART:  It will be a "foot-stomping-good-day" for sure!!====JACK:  I'm glad to know that there will some AGs there to help us with the language of heaven and to teach us how to dance on those streets of gold.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  another simple song!  my friend ron and i used to sing this song together before his flight.  it was one of his favorites and became one of mine.  he had a beautiful voice.  when i hear it and sing it i think of my angel ron.  thanks for the song of the day and perhaps the "hello" from ron.====JACK:  I've read that there's singing in heaven.  There's a song from a collection called, "Geezer Music," that you may, or may not, heard of.
We meet, and the angels sing.
The angels sing the sweetest song I ever heard.
You speak, and the angels sing.
Or am I breathing music into every word?
Suddenly, the setting is strange.
I can see water and Moonlight beaming.
Silver waves that break on some undiscovered shore
Suddenly, I see it all change.
Long winter nights with the candles gleaming.
Through it all your face that I adore.
You smile, and the angels sing.
And though it's just a gentle murmur at the start.
We kiss, and the angels sing.
And leave their music ringing in my heart!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Allan Jackson made a CD if hymns his grandma and mom wanted him to sing.  That song is on it.  "SOME GLAD MORNING WHEN  THIS LIFE IS OVER, I'll fly away.   We had never heard it before but it's a favorite now.====JACK:  There's a internet site called, "Songs for Geezers."  I wonder if it can be found there?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  That was the hymn Mark had sung at his Memorial Service. We all sang it.  One of his favorites.====JACK:  I've picked some out, but they're subject to change as the birthdays come and go.  How about you?






No comments: