Monday, August 15, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 8/15/15
“My future starts when I wake up every morning.”  (Miles Davis)  Miles was one of the great jazz musicians of our time, known for his innovative style…doing things that hadn’t been done before.  If he were living, I’d like to hear him “jazz up” and improvise on some of our church songs, like… “This is the day, this the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”  That came to mind as I read today’s quote.  Let’s rejoice!  This is God’s day!    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  ...being glad in it here in west-central Minnesota, I am!!====JACK:  A pastor that I knew would begin his radio program with this enthusiastic greeting:  "Up. up and away; this is God's day.  Are you going God's way?"====REV:  The pastor I served in Ohio used for his radio program, "Maranatha! Even so, come quickly!! However, still waiting!!====JACK:  That sounds like a long race at the Olympics.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  What a wonderful but true statement!  Each day is an erased slate to be filled with new thoughts, actions and ideas!  Happy New Day!====JACK:  A new day to sing the song..."This is the day the Lord has made!"

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Yes, every day is a new adventure.  We have just returned from lobstering in the keys, enjoying Key West and all of the changes there through the years, and discovering all new things at Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.  What a beautiful country in which we live.====JACK:  I know some one who has visited each of the 50 states at least twice.  Come to think of it, I've been to almost all...and never to Alaska or Hawaii.

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  Well, actually I think my future begins from this moment to the next. At first, I didn't think that "jazzing" up the quote you shared was a good idea. But I remember the exuberance that Dr. Schuler exuded on the mornings when he began his service with it. I find myself working on a very amateurish version 0f the quote and it isn"t so bad. I'm thinking how our spirit by thought , prayer ,music' etc. is fed much like food feeds our body.====JACK:  Have you read the book, "Blink", by Malcolm Gadwell?  The future happens in the blink of an eye.

2 comments:

SBP said...

Well, actually I think my future begins from this moment to the next. At first, I didn't think that "jazzing" up the quote you shared was a good idea. But I remember the exuberance that Dr. Schuler exuded on the mornings when he began his service with it. I find myself working on a very amateurish version 0f the quote and it isn"t so bad. I'm thinking how our spirit by thought , prayer ,music' etc. is fed much like food feeds our body.

SBP said...

I read "The Tipping Point". Another way of perceiving life's experiences. I've ordered "Blink". God creates such interesting minds.