Friday, August 12, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 8/12/16
“Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it.”  (Doug Larson)  The Bible books, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Songs have been classified as Wisdom Literature, teaching…Folk, Political and Theological wisdom.  But, what is wisdom?  R.B.Y. Scott describes it as having intelligence, shrewdness, good sense, sound judgment and moral understanding.  I’ve learned at the feet of some people like that.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TRIHARDER:  Wisdom is a gift you bestow on others.====JACK:  In most cases attorneys get paid for it, but there is such a things as, Pro Bono, isn't there?

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  I like this one, I for one, could certainly use more wisdom.====JACK:  God appeared to Solomon in a dream and said, "Ask anything that I should do for you."  Solomon asked for Wisdom!  If God appeared to you in such a dream, what would you ask for?====HH:  It’s hard to argue with Solomon, If I had a second choice it would be for patience and understanding (that’s three I guess).====JACK:  The Bible has a way of putting some thought-provoking situations before us.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Some people can be 'smart' but not wise. I think we gain wisdom through  life's experiences...the ability to use our assets with sagacity or good judgment. I like this tongue-in-cheek quote! I also liked the little rhyme in SBP's blog yesterday, No, Slow, grow, and Go! :-)
====JACK:  When I was a kid in Moline, if somebody tried to be a wise-guy, we say, "What are you, wise or otherwise?  If you don't shut up you'll be lengthwise."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Walking away when you would rather stay:  the ability to walking away before you say things you will regret:  being able to use what you've learned and what you have experienced to solve issues:  and the ability to know you don't know it all.  That's what I believe is wisdom.====JACK:  We once had a neighbor family with the last name of Wisdom.

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  So does being timid or lazy or old age.


 

No comments: