Monday, March 07, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 3/7/16
“No life is so hard that you can’t make it easier by the way you take it.”  (Ellen Glasgow) Cyndi Haynes has written a book, “2,002 Ways to Cheer Yourself Up.”  It’s a collection of pick-me-ups for when your spirit needs a lift.  A change of pace can work wonders, like…Believe the compliments that you receive…Make some s’mores…Make a list of people you care about, with your name at the top…Realize that endings are just doorways to new beginnings.    ;-)  Jack

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  Love this WW. I will have to look for that book.  Keep up the good work. ====JACK:  The book is written Cyndi Haynes and is published by Barnes and Noble.  # 1,139  "When it's late at night and you can't sleep, get up and walk around instead of lying in bed and dwelling on your troubles."

FROM TARMART REV:  Thanks for the uplift this Monday morning, Jack . . . let's you and I go out lift another this second day of a brand new week!!====JACK:  Thanks for the reminder that words simply remain words until they are put into action.

FROM NE AT AG:  I simply look forward to your daily messages!  thanx again.====JACK:  I say a prayer each day for the over 500 people who receive Winning Words...maybe not by name, but as a group...which includes you.  Have a good day!

FROM DM IN LIV:  Thank you so much for adding me to your list!  I have been reading Winning Words over Pat’s shoulder for many years now and I am so happy to be receiving them.  They truly do inspire and motivate and help to keep us centered.  I count you among my blessings!====JACK:  A response like yours can be added to the 2.002 ways to add cheer to the day.

FROM JB AT LSTC:  This reminds me of Studs Terkel’s radio program sign-off. He’d say, “Take it easy, but take it!” Hope you’re having a good day.====JACK:  Thanks for the reference to Studs.  He's one of my favorite writers.  I liked the book, Working.  It's worth reading and re-reading.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  So true, and the book sounds like a winner! As Mark Twain has said, "There is nothing to be learned from the second kick of a mule"...(made me laugh to think about it!)  and Colin Powell said it in a different way, "Spare me the grim litany of the realist. Give me the unrealistic aspirations of the optimist any day."  Choose to be upbeat and optimistic, if at all possible! ====JACK:  Yesterday's sermon had to do with the Parable of the Prodigal Son.  The 2nd son could have used a spirit of optimism and rejoiced that his brother had found his way back home.  We need for the bright things in life each day.  Right now I'm listening to Vivaldi's Four Seasons.  That is a day-brightener, for sure

FROM OPTIMISTIC ART:  I enjoy your winning words, Jack.====JACK:  It's my way of "preaching" without standing in a pulpit.

FROM GRANDMA JB:  Thank you, you always have messages that I can use.====JACK:  I often wonder how it is that ideas pop into my head.  I've come to the conclusion that the Spirit of God has something to do with it.

No comments: